Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: HBO Max - Not Loading Black Screen 3 dots - Black Screen then Screen Saver

Jump to solution

Hello @Makmak

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with your Roku devices. You can send me a private message along with the information about your Roku devices so we can send them to our Support team for investigation. 

We'll keep an eye on your message.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

is there anyother way we can make it work without going into gust mode

0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

it said it was up to date and it was still doing it 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@saturn2

Thanks for getting in contact. 

We apologize to hear that you are still experiencing the issue with the channel even after confirming it is up to date. Our support team still actively working closely on this and we'd like to submit your details for further investigation. Can you provide us with the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • The channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding while we work on this issue.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Lu8

Jump to solution

I tried everything throughout this feed. The only method that worked was first I signed into guest mode on Roku (instructions on this are in another post), and then I signed out of guest mode, this seemed to force all of my channels on Roku to make me sign-back in when I ended guest mode. That may alone have worked, but I did not try because also at the same time I did force sign-out of my HBO max account by this method which I read about in another post further in the discussion that apparently was from HBO (I am copying their instructions word for word here):

force sign out:

1. Open the HBO Max mobile app or go to HBOMax.com.
  2. Choose your profile (upper right).
  3. Choose the Settings icon 

on your phone, or Settings on a computer.

4. Tap or scroll to Devices and then choose Manage Devices (if available).
    Only Adult profiles can manage devices.
  5. Here you'll find a list of devices that have used your account.
  6. To sign out of:
    • One device: Choose X (besides the device).
    • All devices: Choose Sign All Devices Out.

Note  Signing out of all devices can take up to 4 hours. If someone in your household is streaming something, they won't be signed out of HBO Max until the end of their show or movie. If you want, with your permission we can do the force sign-out on our end.

Hope this helps someone else!

0 Kudos
wnndflowrr

Jump to solution

i think everybody is having the same issue. so why are they still sending this default messages?? i know hbo max has to do something but has anyone heard from them? trying to watch young sheldon👎🏻

geezer78
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After a long chat with Roku trying every trouble shooting activity that I had already done, Roku support chat referred me to HBOMax support. There I was hooked up into another chat with a support person who asked me to do one thing that Roku had not asked. Clear the Roku cache. He said that was most essential. So he guided me through it step by step and after the Roku restarted I tried to enter the HBOMax  app again. Again failure. It was only then that he said that tech would fix the problem in some future update but for now, it wasn't ideal but that some users had found success with a factory reset of their Roku. I informed him that for only one app out of many on my ultra that wasn't working a factory reset was not worth the trouble. Moreover with HBO MAX about to possibly get screwed up anyway by becoming Max, I could afford a wait and see attitude and that I can still watch HBO Max on my computer for now. I believe a better solution to this problem will come along after HBO MAX becomes just MAX on April 23. Depending on what MAX is like, I may just drop the service all together. 

0 Kudos

Re: [OS 11.5] HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as of last night. No problems in the past. I have the Roku streaming stick. HBO Max is working on every other tv and stuck in the house just suddenly not on this one. It is the only channel stuck on a black screen when it starts to load. This is a ROKU issue. Please find the correction to this problem

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MoonChild007,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with playing content on HBO Max and we're sorry if you are having an issue.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try checking for any system updates in Settings > System > System update > Check now. and see if you notice any difference.

If this issue is not resolved, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geezer78
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know that I posted the following somewhere but it may have been on Reddit. So everything you've suggested I've done.....twice. The first time on my own and the second time in a chat with a Roku tech and nothing worked, So of course Roku said it was HBO Max's problem...so I went to HBO Max support and they suggested all the things you did plus one more. The last thing was "clearing the ROKU cache. They give me detailed instructions on how to do that and the tech waited while I did it. Still the App failed to load. Same thing 3 dots and then black. Then I have to press home to get out of it. So then HBO Max tech asked me to hold on for a minute and when he came back he said that some time in the future but he couldn't say when the problem will be fixed with an update and in the meantime and this is a direct quote" while it's not the ideal solution, some users have found success by a ROKU factory reset" I told them I had a wait and see attitude about the coming changes in MAX anyway, and I wasn't going to Factory Reset my new ROKU ULTRA for one app that wasn't working. And there you have it. Every thing on my Roku works just fine except for HBO Max. And everyday I go on my Roku I check for updates. None for Roku and none for HBO Max recently. I am still on Roku 11 and have not received Roku 12. I appreciate your interest and thanks but it seems impossible to fix at this point without a ROKU factory reset which I have no intention of doing. Too much work to get everything set back up the way I want. 

0 Kudos