Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geezer78
Binge Watcher

Re: HBO Max - Not Loading Black Screen 3 dots - Black Screen then Screen Saver

Jump to solution

Let me be clear. I have presented the information you are asking for to other "moderators" and nothing is ever solved. I even get emails from Roku support saying that the problem is solved when it isn't, and when I tell them it's not solved I never hear back.  I'm not submitting that info again. Roku should be going to bat for it's customers when an app is not functioning, and it turns out it's the provider's problem. I have a case number from HBO MAX when I went to them because ROKU told me to. And you know what they said? It'll be fixed in an update at some point  but we don't know when. And I have had that case number since March. And I have sent a similar email to another Community "moderator" and guess what? I never hear back. Roku's tech support like pretty much everyone else's has deteriorated since the pandemic. As for the HBO MAX malfunction, if it's not fixed after their merge with Discovery Plus on May 23, I'm done with both of you. 

JMR412

Re: [OS 11.5] HBO Max Channel Loads and Shows 3 Dots

Jump to solution

I'm having this exact issue.

Have tried all the "fixes" on this thread - other than the "guest mode" (which isn't an actual fix) - and nothing worked.

My issue started in April, but I see this has been happening since February.

Is Roku going to *DO* anything about this, or no?

0 Kudos
Mjrael
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already switched our home to Apple TV 4Ks and our Rokus are now backups. I am totally enjoying my HBO Max now without any problems.  I wish you all who stay with Roku the best and a quick solution to this problem.

0 Kudos
AdRock1

Jump to solution

Same issue; I've been going nuts trying to figure it out. Have tried every suggested step to no avail. I've been using Roku since 2012, and this might just be what makes me switch off the platform. 

0 Kudos
geezer78
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just as I suspected it happened. Today HBO MAX became Max. And the HBO MAX opened with a new sign in. I get HBO through a cable provider and I was able to go the MAX website and find my provider put in the requested code and for now the new MAX which changed from HBO MAX after I put in the code seems to be working fine. If you enter with your password I'm guessing you'll have to sign in with your original pw on the Roku. Good look. But it is still annoying that neither Roku nor MAX would simply say you'll have to wait for the switch over. By the way I would suggest that when you turn on your Roku the first thing you do is check for updates because when I did that I saw the Max app update. Then just to be on the safe side, I restarted Roku. Always a trouble shooting suggestion after an update. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that this thread was originally in regards to the HBO Max channel on OS 11.5, which is now an outdated Roku OS.

If you are still experiencing an issue with not loading the now Max channel and seeing a black screen and 3 dots, we would recommend searching the Roku Community for another thread related to the issue you are experiencing and if none exist, we invite you to create a new thread depicting the issue you are seeing. We would need the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

We look forward to investigating any issues that you may be experiencing. We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos