Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trev1418

Getting local channels usi a digital antenna on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Before I moved I could use a digital antenna to flip through my local affiliate channels like ABC and FOX on my Roku TV. Since I've moved, the live TV feature only has local news casts of affiliates from all over the country but can't watch the local channels actual live programming anymore. Am I missing something in the settings?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Getting local channels usi a digital antenna on Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Trev1418,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you need assistance setting up your Antenna on your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Antenna TV. If the Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Note: The placement of the HDTV antenna can affect which TV stations you may be able to receive and the quality of the TV signal. It is normal for the initial channel scan to take a while.

For more information, see this support article on how to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mmaas2141@Rub3n,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have trouble locating the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Antenna TV. If the Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Please be aware that the Live TV input is your Antenna Input. You can rename it by navigating to Settings > TV Inputs > Rename. By default, this input is named "LiveTV."

For more information, see this support article on how to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

Feel free to keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trev1418,

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you need assistance setting up your Antenna on your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to help.

To access “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna must be connected to the Antenna TV input of your Roku TV.

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Antenna TV. If the Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Note: The placement of the HDTV antenna can affect which TV stations you may be able to receive and the quality of the TV signal. It is normal for the initial channel scan to take a while.

For more information, see this support article on how to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SSgt_Gumby

Jump to solution

We have a Roku streaming device connected to our SMART Samsung TV (1 year old) and want to connect a digital inside antennae.  I've been reading about this and all that is ever mentioned is "Roku TVs" which we do not have.  Can you connect the antennae to the streaming device or how would this be done..through the Smart TV interface?

We were hoping to get the live Guide that lists the locals and what's available on streaming.  Please advise.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SSgt_Gumby, sorry, what you'd like to do is impossible.  Only Roku TVs have tuners.  You'll have to connect the antenna to the TV and use Samsung's interface for accessing your local channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mmaas2141

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. What do we do if there is no longer an antenna TV input? The only input listed is the live TV input. 

0 Kudos
Rub3n

Jump to solution

Antenna TV is not an option under TV inputs. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mmaas2141@Rub3n,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have trouble locating the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Antenna TV. If the Antenna TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Please be aware that the Live TV input is your Antenna Input. You can rename it by navigating to Settings > TV Inputs > Rename. By default, this input is named "LiveTV."

For more information, see this support article on how to set up the Antenna TV input on your Roku TV.

Feel free to keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redfox1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue on my Roku TV. There used to be an "Antenna Tv" button for my over the air antenna on the home sceen, but now that button is gone. When I went to TV inputs in Settings, there is no option listed to add the button back. How do I add this back?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.