Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qsaghar
Reel Rookie

Broadcast TV scan not picking up all channels, wrong program guide

Jump to solution

The power board on my TCL Roku TV (Model # 65S41R) died in less than a year from purchase date. Warranty Support sent a tech who installed a new power board, and got the TV up and running. Of course all my stored data was wiped out, so I had to reinstall my Roku apps and rescan for OTA channels. The scan missed several channels, and the program guide now displays channel info for the adjacent and/or missing channel, not for the one that's highlighted. I restarted the TV and rescanned the broadcast channels, but no luck so far! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qsaghar
Reel Rookie

Re: Broadcast TV scan not picking up all channels, wrong program guide

Jump to solution

Hello All:

I finally resolved the problem by doing a factory reset through the "Settings" menu and rescanning for antenna channels. Of course it wiped out all my custom settings and also the apps that I had added and re-arranged, so I had to redo those all over again. But now all the OTA/Broadcast channels are showing up, accompanied by the correct Program Guide for each channel.

FYI, I had tried turning the power off and holding the on-TV power button down for 15 seconds (as suggested by TCL customer service) but that didn't resolve the issue.

Hope this info helps others

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @qsaghar,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble with the OTA channels on your TCL Roku TV. We'd be more than happy to investigate further.

In this case, we recommend navigating to Home > Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Manage Channels > Manage all Channels > (Checked Hide Streaming Channels). To see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
qsaghar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello All:

I finally resolved the problem by doing a factory reset through the "Settings" menu and rescanning for antenna channels. Of course it wiped out all my custom settings and also the apps that I had added and re-arranged, so I had to redo those all over again. But now all the OTA/Broadcast channels are showing up, accompanied by the correct Program Guide for each channel.

FYI, I had tried turning the power off and holding the on-TV power button down for 15 seconds (as suggested by TCL customer service) but that didn't resolve the issue.

Hope this info helps others

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @qsaghar.

We appreciate your patience and are happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort in resolving this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.