Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honeycando
Reel Rookie

Freevee channel not working

freevee not working goes direcylty back to home page have removed & reinstalled didnt help

66 REPLIES 66
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: freevee channel not working

Hi @honeycando,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Freevee channel and we would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

Please be aware that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

I'm having the exact same issue. All other channels work except FREEVEE, keeps sending me back to home screen.

Athenapua
Reel Rookie

Same problem since yesterday on both TV's. One is a Roku TV & the other is a "regular" tv with a Roku device.

Have deleted Freevee on both, restarted Roku, and reloaded Freeve on both. Still just keeps bouncing back to Roku home page when you click on it.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hennyfilms,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing with the Freevee channel. We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

As a first step, we recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

Okay, so, that worked. It lets me use FREEVEE again, but as soon as I log into the app to get my account playlist, recently watched, etc. it boots me back out to the ROKU homescreen like before. 😔

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hennyfilms,

Thanks for following up.

Just to verify, are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try to check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hennyfilms
Binge Watcher

All other channels are working fine, and everything is current software. Even FREEVEE works just fine as long as I don't log into it. I even downloaded the FREEVEE app on my phone and logged in to see if it was an account issue, but it's working on my phone (even while logged in) just fine. 🤷‍♂️

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hennyfilms,

Thanks for the note.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JYoung82
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same problem. I have done everything in this thread suggested. Did you ever get it resolved?