Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oly
Reel Rookie

Fox Sports, Resourse is not supported by MVPD (Error)

Jump to solution

Why can't I watch any sports anymore? This Internet TV has been very frustrating since I got it two years ago. I miss most games for one reason or another.

Today I got a "Resource is not supported by MVPD" Error.

I can see it once in a while, But once a month I miss some games.

Any Idea what this one might be?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fox Sports, Resourse is not supported by MVPD (Error)

Jump to solution

Hello! @Lendellcrespo19,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message when trying to access content on the Fox Sports Channel. 

To learn more about the error messages and features of this channel, it's best to reach out to the support team of the channel provider directly. Most channels on Roku are created and managed by their respective providers.

If you need any additional help we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

You can reach them here: Fox Sports Contact us

If you need any additional help we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Oly,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We would like to investigate this matter further that you are experiencing with the Fox Sports channel. What device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV) What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Topa

Jump to solution

use to be able to watch sports on the Fox Sports app but I am also getting the " Resourse is not supported by MVPD (Error) " I have a Roku TV

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about this experience, @Topa

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

If the issue remains unresolved, we recommend contacting Fox Sports directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to assist best.

If other channels are working correctly and you only experience this issue on the Fox Sports channel, that likely indicates the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider must investigate the issue to help resolve it.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cd63

Jump to solution

That works for about 2 hours . Then it shuts you out. This needs to be addressed.  We shouldn't need to add, remove, reboot,  etc to watch a channel.  I am regretting buying a roku TV 

Cd63

Jump to solution

Same. I had to delete app, re add app, reboot tv. Then I got about 2 hours of Fox sports, and it reverted to not supported by MVPD

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Cd63,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for sharing this information with us!
We appreciate the effort that you have made to troubleshoot the issue. After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.
If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I wonder if you folks are all authenticating with the same cable operator?  Since this only seems to affect a small number of users that could be a common denominator that could help Fox figure out the problem.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Sherryo717
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku tv

Sherryo717
Binge Watcher

Re: Fox Sports, Resourse is me too! What does that even mean?,not supported by MVPD (Error)

Jump to solution

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.