Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSz

Re: Fox News freezing up on Roku Tv

I followed the sequence

1. Uninstall the Fox news app.

2. restart Roku device.

3. Install the Fox news app.

This eliminated the problem with Fox news hanging up all the time. At least for the past two days. Before I had it every ten minutes. Keep my fingers crossed.

G.S.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

It is amazing that in spite of repeated advice to follow the steps outlined by the last post, many users would rather subscribe to some wild conspiracy theory that Roku is censoring the app.  Stop using add blockers and follow straight forward directions.  If you have filters, etc... set up on your router you are likely to encounter problems with many apps.  I rarely if ever use the Fox News App but it always works fine for me whenever I try to use it.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GSz,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about your trouble accessing the Fox News channel on your Roku device and the steps you took to resolve it. We are aware of the app issue, and our engineering team is currently working on it.

In the meantime, kindly provide us with the following information so we can include your device in the process of investigation:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version.
  • Are you streaming this via the standalone (directly) Fox News app or inside The Roku Channel Live Now?

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GSz

Hi,

I think your technical team working on the issue lost all credibility since the problem started in 2022 and they have been unable the find the cause and eliminate it. I believe there is a bug (virus) in the system that was intentionally placed there either by inside or outside players who want to prevent people to watch Fox News. It is time to take this seriously. You collected enough data of individual devices already with nothing to show for it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.