Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissVickie24
Channel Surfer

Re: Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

This is the only app that I have the same problem with, Maybe they don't want us to watch foxnews..

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FOX NEWS will not laod past 13% on my ROKU. What should I do?

Hi, @TLRZ 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting know about the issue you've encountered with Fox News not loading past the 13% while streaming, and we'd be happy to assist you by providing series of troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem at hand. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Additionally, you can also restart your modem/router to have an optimal network connection while streaming. 

Hoping this addresses the issue, and keep us posted on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community users,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We're here to assist with the Fox News Live playback issue. If you have a standalone Fox News channel or app, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem.

1.  Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel.'
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen and add the channel again.

We also suggest refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and internet modem if you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading content. If the problem persists, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly for further assistance. For any issues with their channel, please reach out to Fox News.

If the problem is directly related to the Roku live TV tile, please provide us with the following for further investigation.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TLRZ
Reel Rookie

This still does not work. Still stopping at 13%

Thank you

Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

They keep telling people to do this over and over again but it still doesn’t fix the problem. It doesn’t work. 

Stjrussell
Channel Surfer

Still stuck on 13% after your “fix”

buddybear

Same issues here!  I've deleted and re-added the app on both of my Roku sticks and that only works for a day.  The next day I have to delete and re-add the app AGAIN!!  This is horrible - we need a fix!

TLRZ
Reel Rookie

Why is there no fix for this? What you recommended Does NOT work. What do we do????????????

mmears1
Binge Watcher

This issue is WELL-DOCUMENTED (and has been for a very long) across the Roku Community Support pages.  Unfortunately, EVERY Roku encounter included them (Roku) acting like it's the first time they've heard of it.

Save yourself lots of time.  They'll tell you to power your device off/on, to remove and reinstall the app, to change system settings, etc.  Finally, they'll tell you "It's not a Roku problem" and to "contact Fox News Support."

This has been ongoing since late 2022 (again, WELL documented within Roku). Clearly, they have NO plans to remedy the problem.  In fact, even when you tell them you've done all their (ridiculous) steps during previous contacts, they ignore you and repeat the SAME things.

ABYSMAL customer service. Actually, a complete joke.  Next step for me is getting rid of all Roku devices.  Moving to Amazon Fire Sticks or Chromcast Devices.

Milmil23

This is ridiculous!!!!!  I have to do a system restart to get it to work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.