Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robby_G
Reel Rookie

Re: Fox News App major issues

Understood.  Have y'all notified the channel devs of this problem?

SD_Helotes
Channel Surfer

It is weird that Fox Weather is the only live program that pulls up now. I have been using the Fox News Channel over Roku for years and for the last few weeks it will not pull up Fox News Go or Fox Business Network. Something has changed. Please reach out to Fox News and get this resolved.

Thanks!

Robby_G
Reel Rookie

I noted that too yesterday.  The workaround is to delete the app, then reinstall it, and go thru the ridiculous authentication process again whenever you want to watch.  Otherwise, you get the circle of despair stuck at 13% whenever you try to watch news or business.  I've tried all manners of resetting the app, making sure that I exit the app before restarting, etc., but it appears that the app fails to take down the stream, and then cannot reconnect.

So bottom line -- delete the app and reinstall for now.

SD_Helotes
Channel Surfer

I tried that and I still had issues. It is like they are trying to block live Fox News.  I also recently switched from Spectrum to AT&T Fiber. It sounds like there was issues in the past with AT&T and Fox News.

0 Kudos
SD_Helotes
Channel Surfer

Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

Why is the Fox News App for Fox News Live not loading past 13%? It had been working great for years and now I cannot get Fox News Live to work. I can get recorded episodes to play, but not Live. Any suggestions? I have AT&T Fiber for my service provider.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fox News Live Not Loading Past 13%

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, @SD_Helotes.

We appreciate you reaching out for support about the playback issues you've been experiencing within the Fox News app and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with this. 

Before we proceed, can you please confirm if you are having this issue inside The Roku Channel or directly from the standalone Fox News Live? Also, does the buffering occur on any other apps inside your channel lineup as well? 

Moreover, please let us know if this affects all the Live TV channels on your Roku streaming player so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution to help you get back on streaming it.

We'll be anticipating your response! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
w3eo

As of Sunday 22-11-2-24 at 2 PM EST.  Comcast Cable service:

The watch Now button opens the flash screen and then starts to load but stops at 13%

Fox News Live Now Channel is non-responsive

Fox Business Channel is non-responsive

Fox Weather Channel is working

Fox News Radio Channel is working

The Latest News  clips seem to work 

Shows does not seem to work

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Is this on the Xfinity Stream app or in the separate Fox apps?  If the Xfinity Stream app, sounds like a Comcast problem.  LiveNOW from Fox and Fox Weather are available on The Roku Channel and are working for me.  I can't try the Fox apps since I don't have any kind of cable subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

It's an issue between roku and direct tv, and neither one is telling truth.

Spent hour chatting to roku service and direct tv. Nothing but run around.

Cbaker1a
Binge Watcher

John 

Did that all weekend, why won't roku solve this?

Was it because Superbowl?

Fox news app. Worked fine on friday morning?

Still doesn't now 2/12/24

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.