Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgr04

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

Had to watch Sunday's race on smaller PC screen instead of TV via Roku. If this problem isn't resolved soon I will be terminating my auto renewal of F1 channel subscribed through Roku. Developers on both ends need to get together and fix this or they need to stop offering the F1 channel on Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Earlier we received an update from our team to try and update the channel again to see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. If the problem persists, please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rcktmiller
Reel Rookie

My F1 acct email has always been different than my Roku acct, but still had sane issues everyone else is having..  Today I tried again load app and it DID.  Had me log back in, but now works like it should.  Tried an update and still says 2.0 after " Update Successful".  Guess we will see how it this weekend for Saudi Arabia.

0 Kudos
TheGoodDoctor
Reel Rookie

I posted this on another thread related to this.

New to this forum but I found a way to get it to work on my system.  I recently added F1 TV to my Roku account and like everybody else got extremely frustrated with the inability to get access through Roku.  Here is the solution for my system - not sure why it shouldn't work on anybody else's.

1. Go to F1TV on your PC and select My Subscription (I'd deleted mine but its still there)

2. Under Devices, select edit the Roku device that you want to watch on and delete it.

3. Delete F1 TV from the Roku device/TV in 2.

4. Reinstall F1 TV (you will be asked for user name and password)

5. Start F1 TV - it worked for me.

6.  Interestingly, even though the app is supposed to be Version 2.9, when I reinstalled, it still gives me version 2.0  

I'd be interested to know if it works for anyone else!

0 Kudos
Dews
Reel Rookie

I was able to update the app and now it works.  You should give that another try in case the issue has been fixed 

0 Kudos
SaultyJon

Success!!!!

It looks like you can't have Roku and F1 TV on the same email address....

1. Go onto F1 TV from your PC. Change the email address in your account details.

2. On Roku highlight the F1 channel, press *.  Cancel subscription, then remove channel.

3. Restart your Roku from Settings (or pull plug).

4. Reinstall F1 TV

5. Log into F1 TV with your updated email mail address.

6. Reinstate you subscription

VOILA.. Ready to watch Ferrari dominate the rest of the season.

Shame on Roku for allowing this to drag on so long, their only input in the 13 pages I've read has been to keep asking what the problem is and suggesting to reboot...terrible....love that their support thread recommends moving to Amazon!!!

0 Kudos
fjvandor
Reel Rookie

I haven’t been back here in a while so I’m not sure if everyone else got the issue solved. But after trying many different roku devices and that not working, then being able to Apple airplay it for a while and then that stopped working, I just went out and bought a google chromecast. Works flawlessly and streams everything live in 4K. I highly recommend it, don’t bother with the roku and that nonsense. And apparently you can only Apple airplay now from the app to an Apple TV, so dumb.

0 Kudos
Hockeyman46
Channel Surfer

I can finally get into the login screen but after entering my credentials I get the following message “Access Denied”.  It won’t let me login.  

0 Kudos

Last night I tried it again on my Roku Stick+ and it's now working after I logged in again. But this is a massive **bleep**-up by F1 TV. They have our email addresses so they could have at least sent subscribers a warning message that the app was broken and they were working on it. Lucky for them, they have most of us by the balls, so they get away with it.

hsydi376

I am nonetheless going round in frustrating circles with F1TV support. I sent a alternatively rude email returned after receiving but any other help e-mail asking me to do the identical techniques yet again as you can see the blog. I also threatened cancellation.

0 Kudos