Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austinpark161
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

How can you sign in with a different e-mail when you can't get to the sign in page?  Everyone I know can't even get to the log on screen at this point.

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

@Austinpark161 wrote:

How can you sign in with a different e-mail when you can't get to the sign in page?  Everyone I know can't even get to the log on screen at this point.

This cool dude giving us **bleep** for expecting our Roku OS and apps to work properly is referring to a workaround earlier in this thread. You totally reset your Roku device and make a new account for Roku that is different than your f1tv email. If it was as simple as a new f1tv account I'd consider that after my first month sub expires. But it is absurd to make a new Roku account for this.

I imagine that if you happened upon this thread before f1tv started acting up on Roku you could make the new account there first and then when you logged in on Roku it would be fine.

I work tech support for a pretty big company myself and I also code as a hobby. There is something messed up on the backend of Roku that is causing this. I can appreciate that Roku needs time to narrow down the issue for a fix. And as several of us have pointed out we are watching f1 on other devices while we wait for a fix. Not sure why this guy has to be a **bleep** about us still wanting it properly fixed. It's really weird. 

Austinpark161
Reel Rookie

Re: F1TV Crashes and Will Not Update to Most Recent Version

Yeah the update broke everything. Me and all my buddies are in the same boat. We can’t get it to update and it crashes immediately when you open it.

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

Keep posting here guys. Help each other out and keep this bumped for progress. We got a cool guy that just wants to harass people who are wanting this fixed for good. 

Jack96161

Re: F1 app. Has anyone got an actual answer on why the F1 app will not work?

Only answer I found was cancel F1 after I signed up and paid fees earlier today. Have to catch F1 with another provider.

0 Kudos
project914

Same here. WTF F1?

0 Kudos
Mach1n3

I’m having the same issues & symptoms.  I’ve reached out to “F1 TV” tech support, via email.  However, I have not heard anything back, yet.

0 Kudos
Mixinit

You have to cancel your F1tv subscription using your Roku.  Don’t worry, you still have the subscription till next year.  After you cancel you can now delete F1tv from your Roku.  Then buy a $30 firestick and download F1tv.  Use your same F1tv account name and password that you used n your Roku, and you good to go!

0 Kudos
Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

That did not work for me. As long as my Roku account was active, even after cancelling, F1 would not let me establish another account with the same email address for my Firestick since they showed an “active” Roku account. I got the Firestick and used a new email address to get another F1 account so I didn’t miss this weekend. 

0 Kudos
JA207
Reel Rookie

I spent another hour and a half this morning before the race to get this sorted. F1tv know they have a problem, and will happily let you spend hours resetting your tv, and your internet etc. but they have no fix. It’s not our problem to work around, it’s what we pay for -a product that works. I will be requesting a refund and canceling my subscription if not fixed by next weekend…. I hate to keep my cable because F1tv can’t get their sh*t together. That’s what I’m paying them for(was). DISAPPOINTING