Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psyconius
Binge Watcher

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

@JA207 wrote:

I spent another hour and a half this morning before the race to get this sorted. F1tv know they have a problem, and will happily let you spend hours resetting your tv, and your internet etc. but they have no fix. It’s not our problem to work around, it’s what we pay for -a product that works. I will be requesting a refund and canceling my subscription if not fixed by next weekend…. I hate to keep my cable because F1tv can’t get their sh*t together. That’s what I’m paying them for(was). DISAPPOINTING 

To be fair, the problem looks mostly on the Roku side. Certainly in the way f1tv and Roku communicate, but all other f1tv apps work on their respective devices. 

That being said, the developers should be in touch to resolve this and also communicate to their support teams what is going on rather than let them have people spin their wheels with basic troubleshooting.

I say this as someone who works in the tech support field. When the actual developers let a problem sit without communication it makes things miserable for support employees and customers alike. 

0 Kudos
JA207
Reel Rookie

I get that but I bought the subscription through Roku. All other Roku stuff seems to work. It’s not what I paid for. Period. It’s like a lot of stuff, no one will take responsibility for their product. I used to design ,sell, manufacture and install systems for commercial clients. If the stuff you are selling doesn’t work: 

A. You don’t get paid. 
B. Your customers lose their desire to do business with you.
C. Your customer finds another way to have their needs met.

this situation is unacceptable and the fact that they didn’t have their sh*t together on opening day is inexcusable. 
I guess I’ll have to keep my cable and watch F1 on ESPN. 😒🤮

Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

You know what REALLY adds insult to injury? ALL these hours after the race, they won't even let me watch the race on the F1TV app! I mean REALLY....WTF?!?!?

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

@JA207 wrote:

I get that but I bought the subscription through Roku. All other Roku stuff seems to work. It’s not what I paid for. Period. It’s like a lot of stuff, no one will take responsibility for their product. I used to design ,sell, manufacture and install systems for commercial clients. If the stuff you are selling doesn’t work: 

A. You don’t get paid. 
B. Your customers lose their desire to do business with you.
C. Your customer finds another way to have their needs met.

this situation is unacceptable and the fact that they didn’t have their sh*t together on opening day is inexcusable. 
I guess I’ll have to keep my cable and watch F1 on ESPN. 😒🤮

OH I am with you man. See my previous comments not accepting making a new account as a fix. I'm lucky I have other ways of watching it for the time being. 

Channel Surfer

I did the complete reset and different emails. I does work but what a pain redoing my roku menu.

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

HAVE TO BE SIGNED IN UNDER DIFEREN'T EMAILS.

Go to Roku TV settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset... After reset create new RokuTv account under different email then what your F1 Tv is and complete setup .

0 Kudos
F1watcher
Reel Rookie

@69800 wrote:

I did the complete reset and different emails. I does work but what a pain redoing my roku menu.

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

Go to Roku TV settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset... After reset create new RokuTv account under different email then what your F1 Tv is and complete setup .

Try updating app today it works.  Wouldn’t update all weekend but now works.  A little late but hopefully it keeps working from now on.  You have to wonder if F1 and Roku are in a dispute.  

psyconius
Binge Watcher

@F1watcher wrote:

@69800 wrote:

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

Try updating app today it works.  Wouldn’t update all weekend but now works.  A little late but hopefully it keeps working from now on.  You have to wonder if F1 and Roku are in a dispute.  

I can confirm. Interestingly, the add channel menu says 2.9 is version. But when installed it STILL says 2.0.

But after fighting with the tedious keyboard for the app(I tried using the roku phone app for easy keyboard entry and it did not like that) I am in and it seems to be working. The long national nightmare is over.. For now. 

Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

@psyconius wrote:

@F1watcher wrote:

@69800 wrote:

ACCOUNTS FOR ROKU AND F1

I can confirm. Interestingly, the add channel menu says 2.9 is version. But when installed it STILL says 2.0.

But after fighting with the tedious keyboard for the app(I tried using the roku phone app for easy keyboard entry and it did not like that) I am in and it seems to be working. The long national nightmare is over.. For now. 

I read your post, but JUST so I'm crystal clear...NOW when you're on the F1TV icon on Roku, hit the * button you can update it, and it WILL go from 2.9, to 2.9?🤔 If so...that is FANTASTIC

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

I had the app completely Uninstalled again. When I went to install again it said it was 2.9 but when I hit the * button it said it was 2.0

I hit update just for fun, too. Doubt that made any difference. If it doesn't work after you try updating I'd just uninstall and add it back from add channels. 

0 Kudos
Hockeyman46
Channel Surfer

I checked the revision level this morning and it says it was 2.0. I updated and this time it appeared to update. I went to the Roku Home Screen and loaded the app & this time I got to the sign in screen. I logged in with my correct credentials and I now get a message that says “Access Denied”.  What is going on?  The app still works on my phone, so it’s not my login being incorrect. 

0 Kudos