Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShirleenT

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

Same issues! It’s Jan 31, 2022.

I have the Roku 3810X Streaming Stick+, which I specifically purchased in order to watch the F1 channel. I’ve had the F1 channel subscription for the 2021 season and it doesn’t need to be re-purchased until the end of Feb 2022.

I try to update the channel and it says it does, but it is still Version 2.0 vs. 2.2. I logged on and watched the channel on my tv through Roku just fine a few days ago, but, starting yesterday, it would immediately revert back to the home screen. At one point I was able to get to the Sign In on the F1 channel and it let me watch some replays; however, after turning the tv off last night, I’m testing it out again and it reverts back to the Home screen. After about 10-15 clicks of the app, it pulled up and I’m able to watch stuff on F1, but there’s no guarantee it’ll successfully pull up during race season…

0 Kudos
JustAPerson
Reel Rookie

F! Support said the Roxu app is only supported on Roku hardware 8900 and above. I asked why I was allowed to buy F1 subscription, through Roku, on a device that is not supported. They told me to bring this up with Roku. Finger pointing. I paid for a year subscription through the Roku subscription management, and have an app that apparently will never work.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

I think he misread 3900 (which was a Roku Express from 2017) as 8900.  Here's a support page with more information:

https://support.f1.tv/s/article/What-devices-are-the-F1-TV-app-and-F1-app-supported-on?language=en_U...

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

@Strega wrote:

I think he misread 3900 (which was a Roku Express from 2017) as 8900.  Here's a support page with more information:

https://support.f1.tv/s/article/What-devices-are-the-F1-TV-app-and-F1-app-supported-on?language=en_U...

I have a 4210, which is not on that list, but F1 TV works fine for me.

0 Kudos
Makalu17
Channel Surfer

Same issue for me. What a load of **bleep**. Amazon Fire doesn’t even offer F1. Guess why?!!  Now I know who takes the time to actually figure out what apps actually work in their platform. 

Makalu17
Channel Surfer

P.S.  why the the need to “bleep” the word c…r…a…p?  Last I checked, that’s not a curse word. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Makalu17

We're here to help!

Does the issue only occur on F1 TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if this works for you.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Makalu17
Channel Surfer

It is only the F1 channel....this did not work...went through the process and changed password...it let me try to log back on and acted like it was going to take, then it hiccupped twice and booted me back to the "go to channel" menu page...this stinks

0 Kudos
Makalu17
Channel Surfer

I am asking American Express to credit the past two months of billing for F1 because that's how long this has been going on - and it's still going on

0 Kudos
Makalu17
Channel Surfer

Solved. Simply moved over to Amazon Fire.....NO issues whatsoever...While I appreciate the moderators timely reply, I don't have time to keep troubleshooting the same things over & over again. I didn't think it was on Amazon Fire but it is. And it works perfectly.

0 Kudos