Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dews
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

My F1 app will not launch or update. 

roku device 4800x ultra

serial # x01000un2u6w

id s02a215n2u6w

software 10.5.0 build 4208-c2

Timestamp 2022-03-17T03:04:42Z

issue ID 6W-108-184

f1 app crashes after a few seconds of load screen. Will not update. Does this on both of my roku devices 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dews,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevePendle
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same symptoms but slightly different report info:
Model: 4630X - Roku Premier+

Serial number: YR00DD046218 (7KA68D046218)

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4208-29

Timestamp: 2022-03-17T16:11:41Z

issue ID: 18-108-971

0 Kudos
Rcktmiller
Reel Rookie

..but a system reset means you have to download all the other apps and back in etc... this is a "premium" service that F1 should correct.  For no logical reason I could watch all of Bahrain testing, then Monday it not work on any Roku device (premier or ultra).

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Of course it happens on a specific channel. This entire thread is about NOT being able to open the F1 TV icon on our Roku home screen. All of the suggestions you gave are irrelevant (except one). You click on the icon, it shows you a close up pic of a driver helmet while the "loading" circle spins for a few seconds, then it kicks you back to the home screen. You can't hit hit the home button 5 times followed by the "back arrow" 5 times IMG_20220317_165354979~2.jpg

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

Here's the info you get by hitting the * button while on the F1 TV iconIMG_20220317_165856667_HDR~2.jpg

0 Kudos
Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

It certainly seems to me that there is a lot of stalling going on here by the company. The CUSTOMER should not have to do all of this troubleshooting. It is very clear what the issue is!!

0 Kudos
Hockeyman46
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problem. The channel worked fine all last year until early March.  Roku billed me for the new season and the channel stopped working. I have two high end tv’s & 2 different Roku players.  The channel is at version 2.0. When you update it, it says it updated but it is still at 2.0.  If Roku says this is an F1 TV problem, then they should kick the channel off their platform until F1 TV fixes it & Roku re-certifies it.  Otherwise, this is a Roku problem they need to fix.  All this finger pointing is ridiculous. It reflects poorly on Roku because they should either fix it or dump it. C’mon Roku - wake up.  The season starts tomorrow.  

OICU812
Reel Rookie

F1 TV app crashes and dumps back to home screen

My F1 TV app worked all last year but towards the end of last year I would have to restart it 2 times before it would load completely, once loaded it worked flawless. This year the app will not load at all it starts and dumps it back to my home screen. I can't remove and reload because of subscription (which has been paid in full the whole time) ROKO is so F'd up I can't even find where to complain any ideas would be much appreciated

0 Kudos
Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

I gave up on Roku this morning. Even though my subscription with Roku was over yesterday, F1 would not let me subscribe directly since my e-mail was used for a Roku subscription previously!! Since the season starts today, my solution was to buy a FireStick and use an alternate e-mail address to get a new F1 account. That worked for me.

Roku and F1 both should be ashamed of the poor customer service and should be held accountable by their respective stockholders. After all, subscriptions are the lifeblood of Roku, it will be a long time before I subscribe through them again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.