Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

TOTALLY agree. I tried updating F1 TV as well, with no change

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

I used the Roku to subscribe, but subscribed through F1 TV. I've loved F1 for decades...even if the modern era isn't as exciting as previous generations....although you really can't compare them equally. But if I knew that I was going to be forced to watch the season on my freaking phone....I would have never subscribed to begin with🤦🤦💙

0 Kudos
StevePendle
Reel Rookie

I did the same - wife ordered a firestick on Wednesday, we got it yesterday. I set it all up, installed the F1TV app, and we were watching Weekend Warmup in no time and without a single issue.

I really prefer Roku’s whole UX - the Firestick Home Screen is hot garbage. And I have Roku’s all over the house - I even have a mini one for the kitchen TV. It irritates the S*** out of me that this was how I had to solve this problem, but the  season starts today and neither responsible party has stepped up.

0 Kudos
Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

I agree completely, we have been long-term Roku customers and we like their interface better as well. That said, I only follow one sport, and have enjoyed that for the last 2 seasons on Roku, but the poor response to this issue caused me to make the switch to Amazon for this F1 season.

If leadership at Roku was smart, they would offer a full rebate to all the F1 app customers in order to gain their trust back for next season's F1, and for the long-term viability to avoid losing us all to Amazon. It won't take long for folks to get used to the less-than-stellar interface the FireStick offers, and don't put it passed Amazon to make it better soon, if that happens, Roku will lose additional customers.

Roku used to be the industry leader in customer service, I am saddened by the way this F1 app issue was (or wasn't) handled. I know many of us tried every avenue we could to stay with Roku in the time we had.....but the season begins today.

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

I've NEVER had an issue with Roku....until now. While I agree about the refund, if you paid through the F1 TV Roku app, they're not going to potentially lose money hoping and praying that F1 pays them back. From the COMPLETE lack of customer support from F1 TV, Roku's (or more importantly on a consumer level...OUR) refunds will never come.

While going through the settings to take pics of all the info Roku support asked for, I noticed an option to cast from your phone to the tv. I can point and click with the best of them, but I'm no technophile. Even if I was ..should I/we REALLY have to do that?!?!?!?!?

arthrosmd

Re: F1 TV app crashes and dumps back to home screen

OMG me too, I called them and no one knows how to fix this. Were you able to fix it? I can't even airplay it, it gives me an error code of BM 2001. WTH!!

OICU812
Reel Rookie

Re: F1 TV app crashes and dumps back to home screen

There's 2 more threads about this topic I couldn't find until I posted this one (ROKO's search engine doesn't work either) This looks like a similar problem I had last year with the Motogp channel that channel treated ROKO like a red headed stepchild they didn't care if we could use their service or not. I had to send proof of my payment to roko that I had paid for their service every month to get it turned on. The answer is probably the same as I did with that. Get the service from the provider and stream it. Cut Roko out of the loop they don't play well with other companies...

0 Kudos
CCH2

This didn’t help at all. 

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

What didn't? The entire thread, or just my posts?

0 Kudos

I just spent time with F1TV support just now, same results as you folks on TCL Roku TV. Even more irritating, now that I've given up on the software when I bring up the app menu with * button I have no option to remove the F1 software. The closest thing is the option to close...I just want it off my TV. An ideas?

MRW

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.