Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

Re: F1 TV App returning to home screen after subscribing to F1 TV

I just paid for the F1 TV subscription several days ago, and guess what? Same freaking problem. Shows me that helmet screen with the "loading circle", then goes back to the home screen. Of course F1 TV has been of no help so far. SO **bleep**ing irritated right now

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

I love that on their support page it says to try accessing from a different app if you are having trouble 😂

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

Not to mention the fact that there's virtually NO way at all to contact them about it. I sent their "customer support" an email the day it happened and have yet to hear from them

0 Kudos
CriminalDM

There is no option to remove the channel, it appears to be replaced with manage subscription. It looks like I would need to cancel my subscription and then re-subscribe. Why do I need to cancel and then pay again to remove the channel? The channel was working in December.

0 Kudos
psyconius
Binge Watcher

Yep. Which is fine because next month I'm going to sub directly from f1tv. I meant to in the first place really. 

I think this issue mostly affects people that subbed via Roku. Though I am not certain. Given the "fix" in this thread says to completey reset your Roku device and then make a new account with an email address that does not match your F1tv account email, it is clearly something within the Roku backend. 

0 Kudos
Nproffitt
Binge Watcher

Another anomaly is that if you are a monthly subscriber via the Roku service, you can remove the app only after you cancel, but since Roku allows you to continue watching until the end of your monthly subscription, F-1 won't let you subscribe (even an upgrade to pro) until your Roku app subscription runs out. Thankfully that is Friday for me so I can go direct with F1 pro before qualifying Saturday.

What a mess...

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

I already tried that. you have to cancel in order to uninstall. Then I bought another f1 subscription with a different email .  no luck

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

I had an extra roku so I reset it and opened another roku account with a different email. F1 is now working but I have to switch boxes if I want to watch F1. Pain in the ass but it works

0 Kudos
Mattsbobo
Binge Watcher

I paid for the F1 TV subscription on my Roku, but through F1 TV. Their customer support through the F1TV app is non-existent. I've got to admit that with the first race coming up....I'm pretty pissed about it. I got it for my tv because I'd rather watch it on a 50" screen vs my smart phone.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue with the F1 channel returning to the home screen that you are experiencing.

Please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.