Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alignedbydesign
Reel Rookie

Re: ESPN APP WILL NOT ACTIVATE ON ROKU

Thanks Carly.

Already saw that post.

Nothing mentioned there resolved my issue. 

Still unable to get the app to link up. 

0 Kudos
alignedbydesign
Reel Rookie

I already have the Xfinity channel on Roku.

For ESPN, the app actually offers more programming than the ESPN channels on Xfinity (provided I can link the two services on Roku 😣)

So your suggestion, while logical, isn't realistically acceptable.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @alignedbydesign.

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community.

In cases like this, we highly recommend coordinating this with the service providers.

Please note that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. 

Roku simply hosts the channel on the platform and does not have direct management control over it.

You may reach them here: ESPN+ Support

We hope you find this information helpful and that it will be sorted out soon so you can start streaming ESPN+ on your Roku.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

I don't gave Xfinity. I have an ESPN+ subscription and I'm having the same issue. Espn starts and then goes back to the home screen.

0 Kudos

had the same issue. It finally worked when I tried signing in using a private web browser. Don’t know why that logged me in.

0 Kudos
Timb2

Re: Where is ESPN+ app on Roku

I signed up for espn+ and paid my 12.00, went to watch a nfl game and it says i need to sign in with a tv provider,,,called espn and was told you cannot stream without a tv provider, so someone is confused on being able to stream on roku! I cancelled my espn immediately, so a waste of 12.00 because it says you can stream the games!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @IHiJump.

Greetings from the Roku Community. 

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue you've encountered within the ESPN app on your Roku. We'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you access this app.

Kindly follow the steps precisely to refresh its system:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

You may also visit this support article for reference: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We look forward to your update!

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IHiJump
Streaming Star

Thanks, but i was able to resolve it with a soft restart. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Where is ESPN+ app on Roku

@Timb2  A few NFL games are available on ESPN+ but many are not.  Having said that even if you cancelled your ESPN+ subscription it should work until the end of the one month subscription period.  To login to ESPN+ open the ESPN app on your Roku device.  Go to settings skip login with TV provider and scroll down to login with your MyDisney account.  Use your MyDisney credentials and you should be able to stream content available on ESPN+.  The Monday Night game between the Commanders and Bengals on Sept. 23 is on ESPN+,  The Monday Night game between the Jaguars and Bills is not on ESPN + and would require a TV provider.  Weeks 4, 7, 8, 14, and 15 also have NFL Monday Night games.  

The information that you can not stream ESPN without a TV provider is correct but that is different than ESPN+ which can be streamed without a provider.  ESPN does have many more games than ESPN+.  Very confusing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.