Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDCookie21
Channel Surfer

Re: Difference between Discovery Plus app and Discovery Plus on Roku Channel??

Jump to solution

Strangely a few months ago I was watching it on Discovery+, then the next day is disappeared. So frustrating 

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

From what I can find, "The Repair Shop" is a British TV show that airs on the BBC. It's likely Discovery no longer has the rights to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Repair_Shop

0 Kudos
jackalhyde
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I cannot help with the issue but i have a similar issue when you put your reply. I signed up with paramount plus on roku but yet i cannot access paramount plus on their website. It wants me to start a whole new subscription with them. It seems this totally sucks. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jackalhyde, can you try the "forgot password" option on the Paramount+ website using the email address associated with your Roku account (displayed under Settings->System->About)?   I know that works for Peacock to get you a fully fledged account you can use anywhere, but I don't know about Paramount+.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jackalhyde
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I don't remember the password nor did I write it down but thanks much for the tip. After reading another discussion, I decided to not renew and when the free trial ends just subscribe to paramount plus on their website. Thanks again for the reply.

0 Kudos
CM62

Jump to solution

Actually there is a difference.  I could not see many of the Ghost Hunters episodes on Discovery Plus, but they are viewable on Discovery Plus Roku.  Not sure about any other shows.

0 Kudos
BDC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You want assurance? Contact Roku directly:

Sign into your Roku account and go here https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options and select "Account, Payments, & Subscriptions" >"Question about a subscription">then next to one of your subscriptions...select "Contact Us" and opt for chat or email

0 Kudos
oldprog
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think it is interesting that no one from Roku has commented on this anomaly.  Only viewers suggesting things, but just guessing, since we don't have access to Roku's management.  Hmmm.

0 Kudos
OddballExtreme
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm having a weird issue as well. One of my favorite shows is Destroyed in Seconds. The Discovery+ app doesn't have it, but it does appear in the Discovery+ on Roku Channel. This is just plain weird. I don't want to pay for both subscriptions. I'll cancel the original if need be because I'm not paying $6.99 x 2.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @OddballExtreme,

Saw your post!

We can certainly understand your concern that you want to stream Destroyed in Seconds on Discovery+ standalone. 

Please be noted that existing subscriptions from a Standalone channel are directly from the publisher and cannot be used to view premium content on The Roku Channel.

Discovery+ controls and manages all content within their channel and they can assist with any issues you may be seeing.

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary