Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DStruck

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem.  Netflix, Paramount+ etc. work perfectly.  Roku Channel will load and I can select a program to watch.  I press OK button to play and "loading" appears but the program will not play.  Screen with program, description, etc. just re-appears.  I've re-set wireless connection, re-started Roku, deleted Roku channel and added back and checked for software update.  Nothing helped.  Worked great since installed on approximately 2/20/23.  Device model - 3820X, serial number X0170086XR8P, Device ID S08Y4256XR8P, software version 12.0.0, build 4175-CU, Tracker ID 8P-158-163.   Thank you for your assistance.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DStruck

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community and for reporting the issue you are experiencing with The Roku Channel.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

As of 2 days ago Apr 18, 2023;   Example: We watch 'Doc Martin'.  We want to watch Series 1, Episode 1.   We click on the button and it just repeats/refreshes, over and over.   Continually saying Series 1, Episode 1.  But the show never will open up or stream/play.  It is doing this with all shows on the Roku Channel though.     Do I need to do something or make  a change of some sort?   

0 Kudos
newfield

Re: Having problems watching anything every time I start something it exits and goes to home screen

Jump to solution

Having a problem playing any movie or series on Roku. It has been happening about 3 days now. The movie or series would come up on my screen,I would hit play and it would briefly say loading and then go back to the screen where it says play.

It is across all my Roku tv's, 5 of them and my two roku devices connected to non smart tv's.

0 Kudos
KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution
  • Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?   I am using a Sony TV, with a Roku stick and roku remote control.    
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?   My home has 5 tVs which each one has it's own Roku stick.   The only channel we can not get to work on all 5 TVs is the 'Roku Channel' itself.   All other (Acorn, Peacock, etc) all work fine.    On the Roku Channel, the show we want will show up.   We click on (example) Doc Martin, Series 1, Episode 1, button, but it just keeps refreshing to the same thing... Series 1,, Episode 1. but won't actually go to the show.
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel   No error messages of any kind and no codes of any kind.   It appears as usual, but it just won't access the show.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue   We have deleted the app and added it back on;   rebooted the Tv;  rebooted the modem and the router;   and we have done this in every possible order you can think of.  Nothing works.
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?   If I had to send pictures of our TV, they would all look the same.   IT just repeats/refreshes to the same spot over and over when you click on 'S1/E1  for Season 1, Episode 1.  It will say 'loading' but then it never does.
newfield

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue started about 3 days ago, all tvs and devices

0 Kudos
Hfinpl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm using Roku Express 4k+ and Roku TV....exact same experience.

This is obviously a systemwide program problem.

A simple acknowledgement from Roku on their web page would reassure us all.

Being ignored as a paying customer, that's THE PROBLEM

KatKatKat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I totally agree.   Roku needs to post something in red at the top of their page stating the problem and that they are working on the problem.   

0 Kudos
PollyR

Re: Roku channel shows will not play

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem with the ROKU channel not playing any shows. I’ve deleted the channel. Restarted my ROKU. Added the channel back. Nothing seems to work. Help!

Andhow2

Re: Non-Roku apps work fine. Roku channels not working!

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with The Roku Channel.  It started on Sunday. All the other channels that run thru my Roku Express are working fine (Netflix, Philo, Pluto etc) but The Roku Channel just blanks out when I press play or resume and comes back to the program menu.  Both of my Roku Express do this.  I’ve tried installing updates, restarting the device and checked the connection.  I’m stumped.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.