Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobs63
Channel Surfer

Re: Code error for News Max Plus

Hey, Ruko, There is nothing worse then passing off a lady. Now my bf and I been 4 days trying to get News Max Plus.  Ruko didn't mind keeping my $49.99.  But all I get is error, code. Don't give me any **bleep** about 3rd pay bullcrap. Ruko support better give me an answer on why I can't get it.  If you can't REFUND ALL OUR MONEY BACK. Second, Why doesn't RUKO gave anybody that's alive, living, that answers the customer service. So we can hear from the horses mouth??? COVID is over. Get back to work. And solve these issues.

0 Kudos
Bobs63
Channel Surfer

same here. We Hit on the $4.99. And the jerks.  Charged me again foe that that. I thought MAYBE that would let me in. This is terrible what they are doing to people. Just put it on as part of a Ruko channel. Not as a paid subscription.  If your having all these complaints. . This is Mama bear now in on this. And when she gets passed. She doesn't stop . Till she gets the answers to fix it. So if you don't want to keep hearing from Mama bear.  Some Ruko Support agent better be telling me what the heck is going on. And don't blame it to 3rd part apps. Because it's your business that's running this show. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Perhaps Roku will respond to you if you get their name right... 

OK, I kid. But even with Roku handling the payments, the problem is still with Newsmax. It's their app, not Roku's. They have sole control over how it works and how it authenticates with a user account. They are the only ones that can assist you with getting logged in. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
terrasmoke

Roku does not recognize my account.  When I am unable to get into Newsmax it says I have to sign in with my Roku account.  When I do it says wrong email or password.  I changed the password and I am obviously in my Roku account. So I don't think it is only Newsmax's problem - your not recognizing my account in everything but Newsmax makes me think so. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

In settings/system/about, verify the email account. Make sure you can log into the Roku web site with that account.

0 Kudos
terrasmoke

I am on the Roku website as I write this to you.  Had no problem getting in. as I described in my initial message.

andyross
Roku Guru

As I keep repeating, don't subscribe through 3rd parties. If you subscribed directly with Newsmax, then it would be 100% on them. They rushed and rammed this through with no warning, and their billing system is probably all messed up, which then confuses Roku's system.

Ed1960

0 Kudos
Hoglady716
Channel Surfer

I found my invoice number and info in my Roku app on my phone under subscriptions...never got the free trial Roku charged Money immediately..not one minute of service..when called Roku they placed me through to Newsmax which only took voicemails with no reply since Saturday 

0 Kudos
Hoglady716
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue can't watch Newsmax Plus at all paid full subscription through Roku and no they will not reimburse you the money...you can cancel anytime but won't get redunded

0 Kudos