Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

Re: Code error for News Max Plus

OK kinda too late to tell people not to do what they've already done. Jus'sayin' NOT helpful

WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

I filed a dispute with my credit card company and they've IMMEDIATELY refunded my full charge. I paid for a year. 
Still can't get the app off my tv.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@WyldWYO wrote:

Still can't get the app off my tv.

When you subscribe to a service through Roku, you can't remove the app until you've cancelled the subscription. Go to your Roku user account and make sure the subscription is cancelled there, then you should be able to remove the channel from your Roku devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
wpmjr1944m

guess Newsmax is about to lose a lot of viewers.  back to that **bleep** fox.

0 Kudos

Having the same issue wanting me to pay $4.99 when I already paid the $49.99 fee. Did you get yours to work and what did you do to fix the issue. Help if you can. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
A-Erskine
Reel Rookie

Ditto!! Having exactly the same problem, error code,wants me to pay again, And cannot find Newsmax plus, the app. Very frustrated. All I have is Roku no additional cable services 

0 Kudos
A-Erskine
Reel Rookie

I cannot even get the app on my Roku.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@A-Erskine wrote:

Ditto!! Having exactly the same problem, error code,wants me to pay again, And cannot find Newsmax plus, the app. Very frustrated. All I have is Roku no additional cable services 

There is no Newsmax+ app. The Newsmax TV app in the Roku channel store has been updated to allow signing into your user account, which provides all of the Plus services. But it really sounds like Newsmax has dorked up their app and need to get the login issues resolved. Roku has nothing to do with the programming and functionality of the app, so Newsmax has to fix it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Joan6
Reel Rookie

It is a roku thing..

Dear Joan,

Thank you for the additional information. The login issue was escalated yesterday and the app team is actively working to resolve the issue causing only users who purchased through Roku to log in multiple times. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Sincerely,

Amanda

0 Kudos
Vonda1033

I paid for Newsmax plus through the Newsmaxs website. I took the monthly $4.99 and got the free trial too. My credit card has not been charged yet. There's not a Newsmax Plus app, the plus works through the original Newsmax app in Roku. I can get Newsmax Plus, but after several hours it signs me out and I get the code error. I have to sign back in and Newsmax + starts working again. It's very frustrating to have to stop and sign back into Newsmax+ every couple of hours. None of the other apps on Roku signs me out, so I'm thinking this has to be a Newsmax problem.

0 Kudos