Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bavaria13535
Reel Rookie

Re: Code error for News Max Plus

I have the same problem. Keep getting kicked out of the app, then unable to log back in. 

No login screen, only wants me to pay again. 

Ridiculous. I'm cancelling. Grrrrr

0 Kudos
Brakerc
Channel Surfer

Bavaria13535------Did you purchase the subscription through Roku??  If so, cancel it and subscribe online at Newsmaxplus.com.  That fixed all my problems except my smart tv app slow loading, kicked off or having to turn off closed captions upon opening each time.  Might be App is too big for Smart tv.  Newsmax sure angered their viewers by not having it ready to go immediately.

0 Kudos
Sdrt101

Same here. I did click on the $4.99 a month subscription out of curiosity, even though I already have a subscription, and I then received a message saying "you're already subscribed to this channel". Then why can't I log in?!!  I didn't have a problem the past few weeks.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Sdrt101 wrote:

I then received a message saying "you're already subscribed to this channel". Then why can't I log in?!!  I didn't have a problem the past few weeks.

Because Newsmax did a terrible job with the rollout of their paid service. They still haven't gotten their authentication module right in their app, but they are the only ones that can resolve it. There's nothing Roku can do to fix it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jf89408

I signed up directly with Newsmax and it logs me out every single day. An extreme pain. 

Bavaria13535
Reel Rookie

I feel your pain. I had the same problem, reported it to Newsmax with several Emails. No response, nobody cares. I canceled and deleted my account. Shame on you, Newsmax.

0 Kudos
Brakerc
Channel Surfer

Mine logs out occasionally still.  Yes, a big pain in the but!!  It loads very slow on smart tv. I installed a firestick on smart tv and it seems to be working fine right now.  Sorry for all of you that are still struggling.

0 Kudos

Re: Code error for Newsmax Plus

I am also having this very annoying problem. I also use the Newsmax icon in Roku. A few weeks back I saw a tip that tells you to, when you get the code fault, to try logging in using a different email address BUT to, instead of using a different one, use the same email address that's connected with your account. I did this and although it seems to have lessened the times it happens, it still does happen! I haven't called Newsmax yet but will soon!

0 Kudos
JanLCalvin
Reel Rookie

I called Newsmax and they are working on a solution to this problem. You can reach them at the following number 561-686-1165. 

0 Kudos
JanLCalvin
Reel Rookie

I called Newsmax and they are working on a solution to this problem. You can reach them at the following number 561-686-1165. 

0 Kudos