Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobs63
Channel Surfer

Code error for News Max Plus

First it tells our emai / password wrong. Then when it went through it say.  You have been signed out. ( code( error code)). Who knows what they are talking about? We never signed out of account. We belong to Ruko account. Paid the $49.99. But didn't receive an invoice or number??

Labels (1)
51 REPLIES 51
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Code error for News Max Plus

Problems with 3rd party apps, such as Newsmax, need to be reported to the provider. There's nothing Roku can do about apps that it doesn't provide. 

customerservice@newsmax.com

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Linnie
Reel Rookie

I'm getting the same error message after I select play button  it takes me to another screen, on the bottom of the screen it says You have been signed out. (Code[errorCode]). I will try again tomorrow to reach a Newsnax agent.  I called them 2 tiimes yesterday and also sent them 2 messages.  If I  dont get this resolved I  will cancel my subscription. 

Its very frustrating.  It also will take me to another screen wanting me to add another subscription for the $4,99/monthly.  Not sure why this screen should be showing up.  My rokuu account shows I've purchased the yearly for the $49,99.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue.

Thank you

WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

Yes! I'm having the same problem. The charge for a year's service has already hit my credit card. I paid through my Roku account. 

An thinking I'll cancel it, dispute the charge to my credit card, wait a couple weeks and try again. 

I can't even remove the app from the TV now. 

andyross
Roku Guru

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER subscribe through a 3rd party. Whenever possible, subscribe DIRECTLY from the service's WEB SITE! This gives the widest device availability, and takes the middleman out of the picture.

In the case of Roku subscriptions, you are usually blocked from removing the app until you either cancel or the subscription expires.

Sophie10

Yes! Very frustrated! I can’t even delete the app! I thought it might help to delete it and then add it back but I’m stuck!! Can’t get the app to work and I’ve also signed up for a year and now, I too, have been charged another 5.34 for a month! It is already paid for in my annual subscription!. I can’t get a response from Newsmax. I’m beginning to think that Roku isn’t going to have it available; if not, we need to know!!! Blessings to all who is having their nerves rattled over this!!

WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

I tried the phone number given by Roku and it doesn't work...voicemail box is full. Imagine that! 

I've emailed through here:
https://www.newsmax.com/contact/

WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

Contacted Newsmax through this link. There IS a choice for reporting this error code issue.

WyldWYO
Channel Surfer

This is another link to try. This one has a place to click to report the error code problem

0 Kudos
Waguih
Channel Surfer

We have the same issue. Can’t find answer anywhere

0 Kudos