Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reel Rookie

closed captions out of sync.

I may be posting this in the incorrect place, but when I typed in closed captions out of sync, it stated that that label was not available here

My issue is only with season 2 of Star Trek Discovery on Paramount+ being played on a Roku Ultra 4800 series. On all other Paramount+ shows the closed captions are in sync.

I have signed out of Paramount+, disconneced the power cord for the Roku Ultra for twenty seconds, rebooted it and signed back into Paramount+ with no success.

The captions are 40 seconds ahead of the picture, but I have the feeling it's not the player, it's an issue with Paramount+ on season 2 of Star Trek Discovery.

If I'm incorrect, please let me know what I should do.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: closed captions out of sync.

Hi @0607,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We'll be more than happy to investigate further this issue that you are having with the Paramount plus channel since the closed captioning is out of sync. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build and version by pressing the star (*) button on your Roku remote.

It is also advised that you report this problem to the channel support team. The majority of Roku's channel selection is managed directly by the channel provider, so it is probably necessary to deal with this issue directly in an update.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yogajulie

We are having the same issue with Paramount+ season three mayor of Kingstown episode one the close captions are about 30 to 40 seconds ahead of what is actually happening

ledruide
Reel Rookie

Same problem with Halo S01. Was having this problem with another program a few days ago but I don't remember the program or channel. Also having problems getting my selection in the subtitles section to stick; that is happening on multiple channels.

Roku device model - 4800X Roku Ultra
Serial number - X01000USS2VW
Device ID - A213SS2VW
OS version - S0213.0.0 build 24056-C2
Tracker ID (instructions for this don't work)
Channel build and version (instructions for this don't work)

0 Kudos
xls79bsy
Reel Rookie

Re: Issues with Close Caption Out of Sync

What Bluetooth "syncing directions"? Using phone as remote and bluetoothing sound from TV to BT headphones yields the same out of sync condition. Why would it be any different?

0 Kudos
alaskanseminole
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with Paramount Plus

I am having the same issue. The words are showing up about 2 minutes before actually spoken. I had to switch over to ChromeCast to complete watching the series I was watching on Paramount+. This has been going on since Thursday, June 27th for us. 

Device: Roku LT Ultra
Show: Lioness Special Ops | Paramount+

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

And the numbers are piling up that are havoing issues. I suspect those who are subscribing througfh Roku might be getting the worst of it. How did you subscribe /

0 Kudos

Same problem with Paramount+. Annoying when you're watching Star Trek Discovery. 😞

0 Kudos
stardiamond
Channel Surfer

I got a deal through T-Mobile. I previously had a subscription through Prime. When Amazon bundled it with showtime and increased the cost I cancelled. The free version had ads. I am used to recording all content and skipping commercials so the free version was intolerable. I pay the difference between the free and upgraded version.    

0 Kudos
Jmusich
Roku Guru

I am suscribed through Apple. But as you know Showtime and Paramount Plus are now the same. and more  single ownership may be coming.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.