Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stardiamond
Channel Surfer

Re: Closed Caption not syncing with paramount+

Jump to solution

The only things that can be done are watch it on another platform or wait for the fix. Whenever I have software that doesn't work, customer support acts like it a user error and there is no fix possible by the user. Paramount content is available on a lot of platforms and when there is a software release, it doesn't get tested on all of them. I don't know where Roku ranks on percentage of users. I think there are enough for them to test captioning on Roku.   

Re: closed captions out of sync.

Jump to solution

Seems to be a app wide issue as I have the same problem recently with every show I watch on Paramount+.

WilltheThrill1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
    • TCL model: 75S451
    • S/N: X012001Y4C2H
    • Device ID: S0JWF3AY4C2H
    • OS Version: 13.0.0 build  24062-CG
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID): 2H-262-194
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Everything
  • The specific content title that has an issue. Paramount Plus
  • Channel version = Most Current
0 Kudos
stardiamond
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I hear that only certain Roku have the problem, I might be willing to provide more information. I checked that I was running on the latest version of the software.

I had a career in IT and when trying to find and fix a bug the first step is being able to recreate the error. i have a strong feeling recreating it will be easy.  

0 Kudos
Babylon_Slim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has No one gotten a satisfactory response from ROKU?

is this not the place to seek help?

I’ve had this exact problem every time I try to watch Mayor of Kingston for the last 2? Weeks.

ive tried restarting my Roku Premiere, toggling subtitles on & off, restarting my router, Tv, everything.

Does Roku even read these or is it just users?

thanks

0 Kudos
MitchInMCO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They are aware of it.  Tickets have been created.  How long it will take is anybody's guess.  

0 Kudos
Babylon_Slim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Do you know - is it just Paramount+ ?

has anyone perused Paramount for help?

thanks

0 Kudos
Gigasaurus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same problem here. CC text is about 10 seconds before the video I’m watching on Paramount

0 Kudos
MitchInMCO
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The issue is Roku.   You can do Paramount+ on other platforms such as a PC or non-Roku smart TV and the captions are in sync.  It seems to be just Roku TVs and streaming devices that have the issue.

0 Kudos
Babylon_Slim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s happening on my Samsung Tv with Roku Premier 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.