Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mykgerard

Roku channel parental controls

Jump to solution

I have two grade-school aged boys who have ADHD.  I'm trying to get them less into YouTube and more into long form stories with actual content that will help increase their attention spans and content that has gone through quality control rather than the cesspool of YouTube content such as mindless video game play throughs and Skibidi toilets.  I've removed the YouTube app from our Roku and blocked YouTube from our pcs at home.  Now it seems, the Roku channel itself is full of YouTube content, that since it is unrated circumvents parental controls and doesn't require a passcode. 

Since Youtube content is unrated. the passcode advice using Parental Controls is currently completely  unhelpful at this time to this topic.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you place the passcode onto this content please?   Otherwise is there some other workaround since I cannot uninstall the Roku channel itself on a Roku device.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel parental controls

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @mykgerard!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to assist you in removing The Roku Channel on your Home screen. 

Roku's Kids and Family section offers safe and child-friendly content from various channels. The section is curated by an in-house editorial team to ensure content appropriateness and features a reduced number of ads, all of which are carefully vetted by Roku. In this case, we suggest installing the Kids & Family channels only to prevent them from streaming adult content. 

Furthermore, you can remove The Roku Channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star (*) button on your remote. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything you'd like to clarify, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to further assist you. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel parental controls

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @mykgerard!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to assist you in removing The Roku Channel on your Home screen. 

Roku's Kids and Family section offers safe and child-friendly content from various channels. The section is curated by an in-house editorial team to ensure content appropriateness and features a reduced number of ads, all of which are carefully vetted by Roku. In this case, we suggest installing the Kids & Family channels only to prevent them from streaming adult content. 

Furthermore, you can remove The Roku Channel by highlighting the app and pressing the star (*) button on your remote. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything you'd like to clarify, please don't hesitate to let us know as we'd be more than happy to further assist you. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.