Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Durant
Reel Rookie

Re: CLOC Screensaver freezing on screen & missing weather info

Looking forward to having your cloc app back. I will gladly pay an annual subscription if it is just a few bucks. I miss the cloc app. Thanks for your update.

ethyss
Streaming Star

Can you tell?  EVERYONE loves your CLOC!

My hubby can't fall asleep without the TV on.  And I can't sleep with it on.  When we had CLOC set, it was so easy for me to fall asleep to the softly roaming red Cloc (even when we lost the Temp!).  Now I'm left with the dumb purple rain of Roku's or worse, the cartoon-ish fish tank!  Looked at all the other screensavers but NONE can compare to the beloved CLOC - whether public or private!!! 

And I can't find ANY version anywhere - not public or private.  If someone can advise, pls jump in.

Dear Jim, if Roku cannot see how loved (and potentially profitable - ye$, I'd pay!) it was, then maybe I need to dump my 8 Roku devices (yes, 8!) for Firestick or Apple !!!  Tell them to stick that in their portfolios!!!  

cinemamutant
Channel Surfer

I've switched to Dashcoop and never looked back.

It works MUCH better.
bellsfolly83
Binge Watcher

Glad it's working well for you, not for me unfortunately.  While there are many things I do like about dashcoop (and Reid Cooper, the developer is great about getting back with you about any issues), the weather forecast is ATROCIOUSLY OUT OF WHACKSmiley Frustrated I've tried using zip codes for all surrounding cities (including OKC, which I'm just outside of) and it's the same.

All in all, dashcoop is just a (still hopefully) *temporary* replacement.  CLOCPRI was the bomb:  simple, customizable, perfect.  AND ACCURATE with the weather info!  I sooo hope @renojim is able to bring it back.

wildsprite
Roku Guru

@renojim I hope you are seeing the love for your CLOC screensaver. I know from what you said it will take a while but I hope you won't abandon it. there is nothing like it. the Roku digital clock has the floating time but it is bright white and hard to leave on. there is another free digital clock which has smaller numbers but still white. I can't find anything that is worthwhile as a replacement. both my Mother and I really enjoyed CLOCPRI till Roku killed that. please don't give up on this.

P.S. Dashcoop really isn't a replacement for CLOC, the only things it has in common is it shows a clock and you can change the colors. The weather is not displayed the same at all. not even close.

mshm99
Binge Watcher

ditto

mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

Yep.  I keep watching this thread hoping for news from the author.  I'd pay for it too (although not as a subscription I must admit).

mshm99
Binge Watcher

Good for you. Does not work for me.

0 Kudos
ethyss
Streaming Star

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!!!   None of the others can compare.  CLOC was simply perfect.

0 Kudos
bellsfolly83
Binge Watcher

I could probably live with dashcoop if there was a way to turn off the weather forecast.  Basically, eliminate everything below the separator line.  The forecast information is completely wacky anyway.  For instance, today in OKC it was 84, but the forecast on dashcoop said it would be 101 ! Smiley Mad

Since you have to have at *least* a 1-day forecast on at all times, apparently (which looks goofy, to me) I keep a 3- or 5-day forecast in the setting, just to balance out the tv screen, visually. Smiley Frustrated