Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anhrdh
Channel Surfer

Re: CLOC Screensaver freezing on screen & missing weather info

If you don't mind, what weather source did you use for CLOC? The wind speed/gust info was by far the most accurate for our area. I relied on it often & since CLOC has been broken I have cycled thru several weather/wind apps trying to find a replacement I like. 

0 Kudos
just2people
Reel Rookie

@anhrdh wrote:

If you don't mind, what weather source did you use for CLOC? The wind speed/gust info was by far the most accurate for our area. I relied on it often & since CLOC has been broken I have cycled thru several weather/wind apps trying to find a replacement I like. 

That's my problem with similar apps. None of them are accurate. CLOC was always spot on. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

weather.gov is used for all information.  However, many of its reporting stations are volunteers that have a weather station in their backyards.  I've found that using the station associated with the nearest airport gives the most complete and accurate results.  One of the things I hope to add when I finally get around to rewriting it is more control over which reporting station is used.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
muggsy
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

I want CLOC scrensaver back!! Good Grief...Roku!! I love my Roku but have no need for the extremely boring fish pond !!

CLOC & WEATHER ......

0 Kudos
nevillem
Reel Rookie

Any progress or update to report, Jim?

Thanks for keeping this on your project list!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, nothing new to report.  I've been working on other personal Roku channels/apps and it's only reinforced how much I absolutely hate developing for Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
nevillem
Reel Rookie

Hahaha, COMPLETELY understandable. Thanks for checking in!

wildsprite
Roku Guru

sorry to hear this, I really hope this doesn't make you give up on CLOC. I really do appreciate your work on this
RDUBYA
Channel Surfer

I got used relying on the time and temp CLOC, but I've found the Dashcoop screensaver to be an adequate replacement while I wait for the return of CLOC. 

0 Kudos
BMBT

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

Dashcoop is OK but far from good: font is too large, dimm is too dark, weather ... what others said above ... I'm in Colorado (here it's 113F/45C right now) but the Dashcoop weather seems to be from ... New York? (88F/ 31C).

I'd like to see as many options as possible:

1. dimmable to a certain % (something like at least 25%, 50%, 75%)

2. smaller (and NOT bold) font for numbers but larger for other parts (wind, humidity, etc.)

3. multiple locations display (preferably by city/country)

4. background/font colors

5. more colors

With this options, i think a $2.00 or 3.00 anual subscription will make a LOT of people happy and Jim rich! Man Very Happy