Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels and ads in Spanish? What the **bleep**???

Why in the **bleep** Roku is profiling me??? I keep getting bombarded with Ads and programming in Spanish. It's insulting, profiling and just plain rude. We are in America, we speak mainly English UNLESS someone choose to speak in their native language. I dont want ROKU profiling me because of my last name. I don't want to see anything in Spanish... period! We should have an option to block it. Tried everything, no luck.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Channels and ads in Spanish? What the **bleep**???

Hi @Atlanta2023

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the ads that you are seeing. May we ask what channel are you trying to access when this ad appears on the screen? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
sierradane
Binge Watcher

I'm in SW Missouri and I get ads in Spanish on my Roku as well.  It doesn't really matter what I'm watching, whether it's Youtube or Weather Nation or any show on Philo... or just anything that has commercials. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @sierradane

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We'll pass your feedback along to our team for review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos