Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethyss
Streaming Star

Re: CLOC Screensaver freezing on screen & missing weather info

Yes I looked at Dashcoop as well as the others.  But it did not satisfy our needs or preferences anywhere near as well as Cloc.  We'll just hope and pray Jim gets a chance to help us all out as soon as he can.  

Michael-Alan
Binge Watcher

The CLOC Screensaver is no longer available.  It has been completely removed by Roku -- such a shame.

RDUBYA
Channel Surfer

This thread began in January, so I'm thinking Jim may not be interested in or have the time to bring CLOC back.  Dashcoop is working great for me, so I guess I'll resolve myself to keeping it.

0 Kudos
MTOakey
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

Thank You Sir for the wonderful CLOC on my Roku device, I must admit I never saw any weather info, but didn't care either, I just loved my red floating CLOC !!!

Now, I miss it so much, and would pay for it, rather not do a subscription, but a one-time or lifetime for a good amount is fine.

I just want my red CLOC back !!!

brannawen
Channel Surfer

I agree wholeheartedly. 

brannawen
Channel Surfer

I have had to set all my screensavers (three tvs) to the simple black screensaver (the others are too bright for sleeping, too repetitive AND too annoying) and will be buying three digital alarm clocks to put under each tv. Such a waste and I would gladly have paid for the screensaver itself to do this job. I miss it so much, and Roku just doesn't 'get' that the screensavers they offer are lacking what CLOC offered. 

ethyss
Streaming Star

To mimic CLOC, I finally found Cheap red-LED clocks on Amazon.  But still . . .  no comparison to CLOC.  Sigh !!!

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

hey @renojim have you given up on CLOC? if so please let us know as many of us were really hoping you would fix it. if you choose not to fix it would you consider putting it in open source?

I like many others really appreciate your efforts on CLOC. I wish they had kept the private channels though I understand why they chose not to.

bellsfolly83
Binge Watcher

I've pretty much given up hope that CLOC will ever return, so I've resigned myself to live with Dashcoop--which I've found to be good overall.  The forecast used to be very out of whack, but seems to have gotten better over the past few months.

I recently purchased a Fire Stick, and have been using that, as well.  But the "screensaver" on Fire only lasts about 20 minutes before the whole thing goes into sleep mode and shuts down!  Either I don't know what a screensaver's job is...or Amazon doesn't.  20 minutes tops? Really??

I like having a screensaver on pretty much 24/7, so I can walk through at any time and see a big clock and current weather info on the tv.  With Fire TV, that's pretty much nil, from what I've seen. 😑

0 Kudos
cinemamutant
Channel Surfer

Yep. At one time it was working perfectly but over the past few years, it's turned to useless. I used it for years but now, no more. I use "Digital Clock". $10 US a year for no ads and well worth it.

0 Kudos