Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

@RokuERey 

Make it an option under settings. On the large screen in my living room, the new format looks good, the old format was larger than necessary. On the small screen on the opposite side of the bedroom, the new format is unreadable, I'd prefer the original format. Let the user choose according to his preference for each particular display.

jp321

I agree, these icons are way to small!!

56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

I think it would be best if Roku programed it so there is a choice or go back to the original size. I don't see much advantage to the smaller size. It doesn't make navigation any easier and it only makes it harder for those with smaller TV's or poor vision to see the channel icons. The only advantage I can see is that the AD on the left can be larger so it doesn't actually make the viewing experience better for the customer. So if you're looking for votes for or against the new size I vote no or at least give an option.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users!

We hear you, and we highly appreciate your feedback, as this is what makes the Roku streaming devices/TVs an even better streaming platform. Your convenience and satisfaction are what we truly aim for. That is why we would be more than happy to raise this with our team for further discussion. Please note that this is one of the few changes made on the new system update (OS version). In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us.

Feel free to reply to this thread with further feedback or create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

That should read "Ad on the right" not left. 

Dr_J

I'm OK with the smaller icons  providing ROKU will send a new pair of binoculars to

me so I can see them!

I also hate this new update that has made the icons smaller. I have nearsightedness meaning things far away are blurry and hard for me to see. Although I wear glasses, these now smaller icons have made it a lot harder to see what I’m picking. The prior size I had no problems with. At least could’ve provided an option for some to switch back 

56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

It seems Roku didn't take into consideration people who are visually impaired. when they made the decision to change the channel icons to a smaller size. You would have thought, at least for the visually impaired they would have made it an option to change the size. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We completely understand your input and greatly value your feedback, which helps to improve the Roku streaming devices/TVs as a streaming platform. Rest assured that our team will be aware of this, as your convenience and satisfaction are among our top priorities. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concerns in the best way we can. 

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos