Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't get the same channels on 2 TV's

Jump to solution

I'm curious...if you don't use the live TV option, how do you watch the ROKU channels?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Belstone wrote:

I'm curious...if you don't use the live TV option, how do you watch the ROKU channels?

It depends on what you mean by Roku channels. If you mean what's available within "The Roku Channel" itself, you can watch them on any Roku device, the phone app, a web page, and even on Samsung (and perhaps other brands) smart TVs, as Roku has made an app for those TVs. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

"I wasn't able to do all the steps...could not find system restart!"

Sorry, my oversight.  On the newer Roku 4k/4k+ devices and RokuTV, the System Restart is located under the Power menu.  (Setting/System/Power/System Restart).  On the older Roku devices, Settings/System/System Restart).  - I need to remember to provide both locations.

---

"I'm curious...if you don't use the live TV option, how do you watch the ROKU channels?"

You can access the Roku Channel a few different ways on the Roku device.  If you launch the Roku Channel you will have access to both the on-demand and Live TV programming.  If you launch the Live TV on the Roku Channel (the purple tile), this will take you directly to LiveTV (no on-demand).  It is basically a shortcut tile to live programming.

@atc98092 has covered the other ways to watch the on-demand and LiveTV Roku Channel content on other devices or online.  I believe you need a Roku device (like you do), currently to have access to the LiveTV EPG guide (channel numbers).  However, if you go to the online Roku Channel, (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/), you will just have to scroll through the LiveTV section and boxes to find the content. (or use the Search box at the top of the webpage).

click on image to enlarge.

belstone_Roku Channel.png

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No worries...it worked without the restart, so I'm a happy camper!  Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Belstone wrote:

No worries...it worked without the restart, so I'm a happy camper!  Thanks again for your help!

Nonetheless, depending on whether or not the part of the channel code that must be replaced is stored in the device's memory cache, there will be times when failing to restart the device before reinstalling a channel will not fix the problem.  Put remove/restart/reinstall in your bag of tricks for the future just to make sure.

A restart occasionally is not a bad idea anyway. These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing out the cobwebs by restarting them can correct problems. (Roku TV owners: Note that if you have "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete memory-clearing restart.)

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Apparently, I need to do the restart because the channel disappeared yesterday!  I'll try again and get back to you...

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Okay...did it step by step...remove channel, restart, add back channel, and it worked.  Now, we'll see if it stays or goes away again!  Fingers crossed!

Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Belstone  I have owned several Roku devices. I currently own 10 of them. i’ve never had a channel disappear. Is someone else logged into your Roku account? Meaning do you have family members using a Roku device under your account? 

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not that I'm aware of!  I did a partial update at first because I couldn't find the restart feature, so apparently, it was only temporary...hopefully, now that I've done the entire sequence it will stay! The issue was that I wasn't getting all the new channels on one of my devices because it did not automatically update like the other one, so I had to manually update it.  Hoping it stays!

Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

@Belstone wrote:

Nonetheless, depending on whether or not the part of the channel code that must be replaced is stored in the device's memory cache, there will be times when failing to restart the device before reinstalling a channel will not fix the problem.  Put remove/restart/reinstall in your bag of tricks for the future just to make sure.

A restart occasionally is not a bad idea anyway. These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing out the cobwebs by restarting them can correct problems. (Roku TV owners: Note that if you have "Fast start" enabled, turning it off and back on just puts it into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete memory-clearing restart.)

So...It doesn't stay!  Each day, I've had to do the sequence to get the newer channels back!  Is there some other step I need to do?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.