Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Can't get the same channels on 2 TV's

Jump to solution

@Belstone  So what you are saying is channels are being removed from your Roku TV? Without you doing anything? Do you have other devices under the same account? Is someone else logged into your account? Do the other Roku devices you own use the same account? Are those missing channels? Exactly what channels are missing? Sounds to me like someone else is using your account and modifying things. At this point you should change your Roku account password. Make a separate account for the TV that is having issues. Then do a factory reset on the TV and log into the TV using your new account. This isn’t a Roku issue. Channels just don’t disappear on their own. Wait hold on. Your talking about channels inside the Roku channel or channels such as Netflix and Hulu. Please be specific 

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Channels within the Roku Channel.  And wouldn't both TV's be affected if someone else was making changes?  No one else has access to my account.  When new channels were added, the TV with the Roku stick updated automatically while the Roku enabled TV (TCL) did not, hence the need to manually update.  For whatever reason, when it's turned off then back on, the updates go away.  

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Belstone  Ok so you’re specifically talking about channels such as 123 within the Roku channel live tv correct? Are you actually physically turning off your TV? Like unplugging it? Rokus do not actually turn off. Even TVs. When you press the off button on your Roku TV remote all it’s doing is turning the screen off. What updates go away? Firmware updates? Can you provide complete details about what your issue is. I believe what you are saying is you watch free content on the Roku channel live tv. There are channel differences between your Roku devices when you watch Live tv on the Roku channel. Correct? You can enter a ZIP Code on your Roku TV which you cannot do on a Roku device. Is the ZIP Code on your Roku TV the same as your billing ZIP Code on your Roku account? So this only happens when using your Roku TC and watching the Roku channel live tv correct? Please be specific. Thanks

Are these both the same devices such as are they both Roku TVs if so which manufacture? Verify that the ZIP Code you were using in both TVs is the same

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

Something still seems corrupted on the RokuTV.  (or it could be a bug in the Roku Channel/app released for your Roku model).

1. If you do not have alot of Channels/apps, would probably just Factory Reset the RokuTV.  (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset).

The above will probably be the quickest in addressing any issues.

2. If you still want to troubleshoot, then I would install the "LiveTV on the Roku Channel" (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1ac1f6c4b2a10445e55c6fca4f14d064/live-tv-on-the-roku-channel).  This is the purple tile shortcut to the Roku Channel mentioned in a previous posting.  See if this one is performing any differently than the main Roku Channel channel/app.  I could not find a search term to bring this up on the Roku device any longer (which is telling), so will probably have to install from the online Channel Store.

If you are currently using this Channel/app, then try using the main Roku Channel channel/app and access the Live TV from within that.

-----

I would probably start with #2 above.  If you see the similar result tomorrow, then I would perform the Factory Reset. (you will have to login to all your subscriptions again and go through a setup procedure as if a new tv).  This at least gives you a fresh install and can now narrow down issue.  

Make a note of your Roku OS as well, either 10.5 or 11. (Settings/System/About).  Additionally, make a note of the version number of the Roku Channel before and after updating the Channel. (highlight the suspect Channel, press * button, and look at the Version number and build number).

This is one of the cases where we need to isolate if this a device issue or a Roku issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where do I find the zip code info?

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to help me....it's starting to give me a headache so while I appreciate it, I'm probably just going to continue doing the reinstall trick.  This problem is on the TV in the bedroom so it's a minimum usage issue! We've had both Roku devices for awhile but recently "cut the cable" so it's a bit more important to get as many options as possible...however, the small problem of a few missing channels isn't that big a deal so we'll deal!  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

"... I'm probably just going to continue doing the reinstall trick."

There does exist the possibility that if this is a Roku issue, it may just fix itself with an automatic update down the line without you chasing after it.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Belstone  I cut the cord years ago. But I use YouTube TV and love it. If you go into your settings on your tv you will zip code. Remember your watching FREE content on the Roku Channel 

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just wanted to follow up...the real solution was to unplug the TV and let it do it's thing to reset itself!  Magic fix!  I don't have to restart every time I want to watch the new channels.  Hope this can help someone else with similar issues...thanks for all the input!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.