Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sensei
Reel Rookie

Haystack news app has green screen when enlarged

After a previous software update, my Roku Ultra now displays a solid full screen green screen with audio when using the Haystack News app. Everything is fine while watching the smaller app video windows but when you enlarge to full screen it either pauses or goes green.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Haystack news app has green screen when enlarged

Hi @Sensei

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on the Haystack News app or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ChipCharles
Reel Rookie

I am having similar trouble with Haystack - and only Haystack - and my Roku Ultra.  After about 5 minutes of watching the Haystack channel, my screen turns green, although I can still hear the volume.  I can fix this by clicking the Roku "back" button, but only temporarily as the green screen comes back after about 5-10 minutes.  My TV is a Vizio 55".  I have watched Haystack for two years and this green screen problem only began about 3 weeks ago.  I think the problem lies with Haystack and not Roku or Vizio.  The Haystack engineers ought to take a look at this.

0 Kudos
hshepa01
Reel Rookie

My Roku Ultra does the same thing. After a few minutes the screen goes green but there is still an information bar at the bottom and the preview of the next clip. It will occasionally come back and then go green again. 

0 Kudos
ChipCharles
Reel Rookie

Is this happening with Haystack only on your Roku Ultra??  Or with other channels as well?  My green screen only appears with the Haystack channel.

0 Kudos
hshepa01
Reel Rookie

For me it's only Haystack

0 Kudos

Hi Chip

My name is Ish I'm from Haystack and we're looking into this issue and its a top priority.

Do you mind sending an email to feedback@haystack.tv with

1. Your User ID (Go to Haystack channel > send Feedback to get it)

2. Your Device OS and Version and ESN (Roku Settings > System > About). You can also take a picture of that screen and attach it to your feedback email. 

Ish

0 Kudos

For all those affected by this issue

Do you mind sending an email to feedback@haystack.tv with

1. Your User ID (Go to Haystack channel > send Feedback to get it)

2. Your Device OS and Version and ESN (Roku Settings > System > About). You can also take a picture of that screen and attach it to your feedback email. 

Thanks!

Ish

0 Kudos