Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Can't get the same channels on 2 TV's

Jump to solution

I found a channel on one TV and tried to get it on the other but could not!  Specifically, channel 462 HOMEFUL is on my living room tv with a ROKU stick, but not on my ROKU TV in my bedroom. I tried "adding a channel" but only got a black screen, am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get the same channels on 2 TV's

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

If a Channel/app is either corrupted or otherwise not functioning properly, one troubleshooting step is to Remove the suspect Channel (highlight and use * button), perform a System Restart to flush the cache, and then Reinstall the Channel.  

By performing all three steps above in that order (Remove, Restart, Reinstall), you will then hopefully be reinstalling the lastest updated version of a Channel/app.

--

It also could be that Roku hasn't pushed something necessary for your device in its automatic daily update of your system for these Channels to appear.  The Roku blog mentioning these new livetv channels was apparently written on 4/5/22 (https://www.roku.com/blog/16-new-linear-channels...) but they were not available to me when I was compiling a reference guide to these channels that week.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you speaking about the Roku channel? 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku TVs offer IPTV channels, which have numbers up in the hundreds. The Roku Stick doesn't offer those directly from the Roku home screen, so you're seeing them within some other channel. What channel are you using on the Stick that has channel 462? It sounds like it might be Pluto TV. You might not find that channel on the regular channel guide on the Roku TV, but you will find it within the Pluto TV channel, same as on the Stick. If it's not Pluto you're using, then it must be some other channel that offers internal channels like that.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

Some new Live TV channels in the Roku Channel were just recently added to the Guide. (I only noticed these last night and had to do a System Update to make them appear.)  Homeful was among the 16 new channels introduced. (ch.462)

See if one of these will work for you...

1.  Remove Roku Channel.  Restart the Roku device.  Reinstall the Roku Channel.

2. Perform a System Update and then System Restart. (Settings/System/System Update) and then (Settings/System/System Restart).

3. Use the "Searchfeature from your Home Screen.and type in "Homefu" (leave the "L" off).  For some reason, currently, it will still not appear if entire name is typed in on my devices. 

---

See if any of the above works for you and feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just the ROKU channel live tv...as I said, 462 is available on the stick but not on the ROKU TV.  I tried adding it and got the icon (oddly enough) but when I click on it, only get a black screen.

Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried some of your suggestions with no luck.  Did not try removing the ROKU channel, though. Didn't try to figure out how to do it because it seems counter intuitive to remove it from a ROKU TV!

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, the ROKU channel live TV.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Belstone 

If a Channel/app is either corrupted or otherwise not functioning properly, one troubleshooting step is to Remove the suspect Channel (highlight and use * button), perform a System Restart to flush the cache, and then Reinstall the Channel.  

By performing all three steps above in that order (Remove, Restart, Reinstall), you will then hopefully be reinstalling the lastest updated version of a Channel/app.

--

It also could be that Roku hasn't pushed something necessary for your device in its automatic daily update of your system for these Channels to appear.  The Roku blog mentioning these new livetv channels was apparently written on 4/5/22 (https://www.roku.com/blog/16-new-linear-channels...) but they were not available to me when I was compiling a reference guide to these channels that week.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Belstone  I have a TCL Roku TV and a Roku Ultra. I have 462 on both of them. But I never tend to watch Roku Live TV. Be sure you don’t have a customized channel line up on both. Either way it’s free content. 

0 Kudos
Belstone
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Got it!  I wasn't able to do all the steps...could not find system restart!...but I removed Roku channel then added it back and voila! Thanks for your help!