Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjulien

Can't delete peacock channel

Trying to delete Peacock from channel lineup. When I press the * button, it does not give me the option to remove the channel. How do I remove it?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't delete peacock channel

@cjulien-

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown and you can proceed to remove the channel. (Your subscription will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will no longer auto-renew at that point. After re-installing the channel you can reinstate your subscription to restore its auto-renewal if you like.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mx120
Channel Surfer

Hi, I cancelled my subscription using this method but still don’t see the “remove channel” option - any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mx120,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

May we know if you're trying to remove the channel with the stand-alone app or through Roku? In addition, what specific issue are you having with the Peacock channel?

We look forward to hearing back from your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mx120
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash,

I’m trying to remove the channel through Roku, as I keep getting an error message (“Something went wrong”) when trying to launch the Peacock channel. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mx120,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you in removing your channel. Please check out this support article on how to remove channels from your Roku streaming device.

Please let us know what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mx120
Channel Surfer

Hi John,

I cancelled my subscription (which was through Roku) but I still don’t see the option to remove the channel. I only see “manage subscription”. The subscription expires on Oct 5th… do I need to wait till it expires? The Peacock channel doesn’t launch at all so I’m not sure what to do here.

0 Kudos
Skiff
Streaming Star

@Mx120 Monitoring this topic/chain because I'm frustrated with Roku's poor customer service. I reported my issue 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting on resolution?!

My issue (ref. link below) is that Roku needs to simply add an existing news channel that is broadcasted through Roku Live to the news (filter) group. Keep me honest but I honestly believe this is a SIMPLE fix. An ETA to the customer at the very least is not too much to ask imho.  

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/NewsMax-channel-not-listed-in-Roku-Live-TV-news-group...

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Mx120

The last option we would recommend regarding this situation is to perform a full restart of your Roku streaming device. Kindly be advised that factory resetting your device will remove all your channels and settings. Also, you would need to reactivate your Roku streaming device once again. For more information on how to perform this action, refer to this link: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mx120
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash, 

Thanks for your response. I did the full factory reset, but still have the same issue 😞

0 Kudos