Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't delete peacock channel

Hi @Mx120,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with removing the peacock on your Roku device. What Roku device are you using right now? Please follow the steps below if you can't remove the channel with the normal process:

Remove channels from within the Roku Channel Store:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.
  3. Locate the channel you wish to remove and press OK on your remote.
    • Tip: A check mark identifies an installed channel in the bottom right-hand corner.
  4. Select the Remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

Removing channels from within the Roku Mobile App:

If needed, install the Roku mobile app.

1. Launch the Roku mobile app.
  2. Tap Channels from the navigation bar.
  3. From the Channels tab, select My Channels to view a list of channels installed on your Roku device.
  4. Tap and hold a channel to view more information.
  5. Tap Remove and confirm your decision.

Meanwhile, factory resetting clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will erase your personal preferences, unlink your device from your Roku account, reset all settings, and return your device to a state ready for initial setup. It is impossible for the Peacock channel to stay on the Roku device once a factory reset is performed. To factory reset, press Home on your Roku remote, scroll and select Settings, select System, select Advanced system settings, and select Factory reset. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step and follow the on-screen instructions.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mx120
Channel Surfer

Hi Eunice,

Thanks for your message. I was able to remove the Peacock all using the mobile Roku app. However, I’m still having the same issue where when I launch the Peacock app, I immediately get an error that says “Something went wrong”. I tried a factory reset of the system as well but no luck. Do you have any other suggestions for getting the app to launch? Could it be something on Peacock’s end? Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with updates, @Mx120 

Since you've performed all the troubleshooting steps, this might be an issue with the channel itself. At this point, we advise you to contact the channel provider's support directly and let them know about this experience you had when accessing their channel. Workaround may be provided on their end since this is a channel issue that is commonly resolved by the channel providers. 

We hope the best for you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos