Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irtheman

Re: Can't add channel with code

Jump to solution

There are other certified channels. They cannot be added. You need to fix this.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Channels on Roku need to be submitted by specific developers in order to be certified.  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Irtheman, adding a channel with a valid code still works.  I've done it multiple times recently.  What doesn't work is using an old code to add a channel that's been removed or trying to add a channel that isn't available in your region.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
AlisAccount
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Why is Roku censoring private channels?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AlisAccount,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that If you can no longer find the channel in the Roku Channel Store or the access code no longer works, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform.  

Note: If you subscribed to or purchased content on a channel that is no longer available on your Roku device, you can contact the content provider for more information.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
hagnerjd

Jump to solution

I added the NowhereTV to the roku web based interface and it seemed to go as planned but it never showed up in the roku device under my apps or channels. Have they removed NowhereTV as well?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hagnerjd, it has been gone for many years.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos