Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add channel with code

Jump to solution

Hello, I am trying to add a third party channel, I type the code and it shows the channel I want to add, then the warning pops up and when I click "Yes, add channel" it doesn't do anything, then I click it again and the website redirects me to https://my.roku.com/404 and the channel is never added to my devices. I have tried with more channels but it keeps happening.

I appreciate any help given.

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't add channel with code

Jump to solution

@hernancasillas

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channels such as this are non-certified and are not supported by Roku as they do not go through the channel certification process, and do not appear in our channel store.  

If you need assistance with a private channel, you will need to reach out to the channel publisher directly for more information and assistance. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @AlisAccount,

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that If you can no longer find the channel in the Roku Channel Store or the access code no longer works, the channel may no longer be available on the Roku platform.  

Note: If you subscribed to or purchased content on a channel that is no longer available on your Roku device, you can contact the content provider for more information.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hernancasillas

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channels such as this are non-certified and are not supported by Roku as they do not go through the channel certification process, and do not appear in our channel store.  

If you need assistance with a private channel, you will need to reach out to the channel publisher directly for more information and assistance. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrgshankar

Jump to solution

I do have same issue, I purchased a channel and they gave code to add. I was able to add successfully but newly added channel IPTVTL is not available either on my ROKU or on device. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mrgshankar, if you added a channel via a code it was almost certainly a private channel.  They've all been removed.  You can bet having "IPTV" in the channel name had a lot to do with it as most, if not all, IPTV "services" are merely an avenue for pirated content.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Moody2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The website my roku account add channel with a code never works they tell you to go to roku website my account add channel but it never works 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Moody2002

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? By any chance, are you trying to add a non-certified or private channel to your Roku account or device? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Moody2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I go to my roku account to add channel with a code but it never works. I put the con in but it keeps taking me back to add code

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Moody2002 

There are a few things going on about which you may not be aware.

First, with Roku enforcing limits on beta apps (formerly known as Private Channels and Non-Certified Channels/apps), only a few people can enter a specific code and use it. There is no free for all adding of non-certified apps.

So, if you entered a code, and it didn't take it, then one of these things are likely the cause:

• The number of beta testers for that app and code have been reached.
  • The app code has expired because the 120-day life limit has been reached.
  • You previously added an app that violated Roku's rules, usually pirate services.

Of course, there could be server issues. But if you just found some code on the Internet somewhere and are trying to enter it, that won't fly anymore, since Roku started enforcing the limits.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Moody2002
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The website my roku account add channel with a code never works i dont understand how you can say its the channel its self when it's the website **bleep** thing never works

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Moody2002 

You're overlooking a key bit of data.

You cannot simply get a code for a non-certified app and expect it to work. Roku had a process that many developers used as an unofficial app store. Roku cracked down and started enforcing limits.

The Website does work for adding apps -- I've used it recently -- but each app has a limited number of users. It is for beta testing of apps only. You are trying to use it as an unoffical app store. Roku stopped letting developers do that. Each app must go through the certification process.

Are you a beta tester for the app? If so, then yes, it should work. If you are not a beta tester for the app, then it probably won't work.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos