Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncorry12

Re: Britbox is not loading March 21 & 22, 2023

All my Roku devices and mobile app are having issues with the BritBox not recognizing my subscription. I go to watch an episode of anything and it tells me I'm not subscribed but when I try to tap subscribe now I'm being told I'm already subscribed. Go figure???? This has been happening for about 4 days now and I've had plenty of chats and emails from both Roku support and BritBox support, they're both trying to blame the other. Get it together guys and fix the **bleep** issue I'm tired of paying for something and not being able to use it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reporting and sharing your observation in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the channel playback issue with Britbox and we apologized for the delay in a solution.

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is investigating to resolve the issue. At this time, we have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KC1937

Re: Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Same issue. Removed Britbox and reloaded .Updated all devices. I have Premier 3920X. I noticed on on Britbox website their Version is 3.9 and on Roku the updated version on Britbox is 3.0. Roku app still crashes. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KC1937,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you are still experiencing an issue with Britbox crashing, please provide the necessary details I requested just above your post.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cjpooley7542
Reel Rookie

It is now April 9, 2023.  Britbox via my Roku device stopped working for me the afternoon of March 6.  Roku was kind enough to return my subscription fee but I would really like Britbox to work.  Britbox said that it should be fixed with the next update.  When in the world is the next update going to be?  I have been waiting a month.  What is going on?

0 Kudos
jerry-tennis
Channel Surfer

Mine has been out since February!!

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jerry-tennis

We sincerely thank you for your patience with this channel issue. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Fraydnerv
Channel Surfer

Saw your post.  My BritBox stopped working on Roku back in 2021.  No one was able to resolve the issue, not BritBox or Roku.  Still cannot open the channel properly on Roku.   I have had to use the "BritBox on Roku" channel, which I find lacking, but better than nothing.   I occasionally try the "real" BritBox app, but it never works.

Hopefully one day this may be resolved by someone...  somewhere

Fraydnerv

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Fraydnerv

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Roku.

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with playback issue of Britbox channel and we apologize for the delay in a solution.

At this time, we have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details posted above so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Fraydnerv
Channel Surfer

Re: Entire show I was watching on BritBox through Roku channel suddenly disappeared

Well, somebody crossed their wires, because I was watching it on the BritBox thru Roku, not the stand alone BritBox.   

I have been trying to watch the stand alone BritBox since it stopped working on my system in December of 2022.

I do not see the point in asking for what has been tried.  It is the same series of steps that your people go through for everything. Yes, I follow them all exactly, and yes I always restart the system when asked to.   Absolutely nothing has worked for the BritBox stand alone channel.

By the way, why do I pay the same amount for the Roku BritBox Channel as the stand alone?  I don't get all the same content.

Fraydnerv

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.