Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Mine isn't working either! I keep removing,  restarting, looking for updates, etc. Britbox say they found the issue, but Roku needs to post update.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Britbox is not loading on Roku device

Hi @Zararagirl

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on BritBox or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel BritBox and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How do I resolve channel playback issues? | Official Roku Support. 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

As I noted I've removed and restarted MANY times. I even bought a new Roku. Nothing works!!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Zararagirl

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the BritBox channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting BritBox Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Zararagirl
Binge Watcher

As I noted,  I contacted many times. They said they figured out why it isn't working on Roku, but it is now up to Roku to implement the fix. It works on phone and computer.  It is a Roku issue!

0 Kudos
jerry-tennis
Channel Surfer

I've had this problem since Feb and have been told the same thing. It is time the two companies get together and fix the problem. Stop pointing the finger at each other and get the problem corrected.  Maybe if the Company CEO's were aware of the problem would get fixed.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi Community Users, 

We apologize to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the Britbox channel on your Roku device. We'd like to investigate this further and need additional information: 

• Could you tell us what Roku device are you trying to access the Birtbox channel?
  • Do you receive an error code or message?
  • What happen when you tried to access the channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to continue assisting you. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
cjpooley7542
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox is not loading March 21 & 22, 2023

First of all my thanks to Fraydnerv for the suggestion to use Britbox via the Roku channel.  I agree it is not ideal but better than nothing.  I do also periodically try the Britbox app directly but even though it was updated in late March it still does not work.  It does seem a tad odd to me that Britbox works OK via Roku's app.  I mean how is that any different than using the Britbox app directly.  What is Roku doing with it's app that the Britbox app is not doing?  Perhaps, Britbox tech support and Roku tech support could put their heads together and find a solution?

Best regards

0 Kudos

BB still not working on my Roku TV channel and episode pull up but when you hit okay nothing Roku still not getting me any answers 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Joevaughn1800,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue but will need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what is being shown on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.