Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tushar_udeshi
Reel Rookie

Re: Blank home screen where all my apps used to be on my Hisense TV

Information about my Roku TV:

1. Serial number: X01300Y9M29M
  2. Devices ID: S0AD4198M29M
  3. Hisense model: 55U6
  4. Hardware ID: G219X

When I go through the key combination, my system restarts. I don't see a tracker ID.

Blank screenBlank screenThe screenshot is attached. It's just a blank screen with the background.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@tushar_udeshi,

Thanks for the update and for sharing with us the details requested.

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we have an update available we'll make sure to forward this to the right team.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rs480285

Re: Blank home screen-on my Hisense TV

I too have the same problem on my television. 
BLANK Home Screen. Can not get into settings because I cannot access it.

however I can access Vudu and Netflix with the direct buttons on the remote control.

what is a way to correct. We have a lot of money invested in the TV for it to be having issues so early.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blank home screen-on my Hisense TV

Hi @Rs480285,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to factory reset your Roku TV by locating it on the back or bottom of your TV. The physical reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds. When the factory reset is complete, an indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices.

Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

This worked for our tv. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Same issue here. Tv was already on and in Screensaver mode this morning. When changed to the Home screen, there was just the Wallpaper and blank squares where all of the apps use to be.

I initially turned the TV off and on several times, but that didn't work. Then I attempted a manual Software Update. Tv updated, but no change.

Googled the issue and was directed to this forum. Scrolled down to find an answer that seemed to match the exact need in fixing the problem. Tried it; (Settings > System > Power > System restart) and it worked!!!!

Thank you so much for posting 😊

0 Kudos
Itzme65

Had a power outage my home screen would not show up. It was just a black screen. I turn the TV off unplugged it for about 30 minutes plugged back in when the android rebooted all my apps were back on the home screen. Also, I have to clear the cachet on the apps from time to time

0 Kudos

Did anyone figure out a permanent solution to this problem? We have 2 hisense tvs, a 58 inch and a 75 inch, and both are having the issue where the TV will start up, but the app blocks are blank.

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @kmbarton2016!

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issue you encountered with your Hisense Roku TV. Please be assured that we are looking into the problem and will provide the necessary assistance. In the meantime, you can try the following steps: Press the Home button, go to Settings, select System, and then select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step and select System restart.

Feel free to let us know if this step will help. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
niknaki80
Reel Rookie

This does not work. I've tried the system restart, unplugging, factory reset and luck. I'm ready to throw this thing out. This was happening over 1 year ago to many others and still no fix?!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.