Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katlea

Blank home screen where all my apps used to be on my Hisense TV

I turned on my Hisense Roku TV today and all of my apps on my home screen are now blank. I can't even get to my DVD player button. I do not have my TV hooked up to any wifi, I always just watch my DVD player off of it. I've tried restarting my tv, unplugged my TV for over an hour, reset my TV audio picture settings, I've almost factory reset it but I decided to wait to see if we can figure out what's going on. Any help would be great. I bought this tv less then a year ago. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blank home screen where all my apps used to be on my Hisense TV

Hi @Katlea,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching us here regarding your playback issues when using your DVD player on your Hisense Roku TV. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

Have you tried to change your HDMI input to see if your DVD player works on the other input? If not, here's our Support link to help you configure your HDMI input: How to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV

Let us know how it goes and we'd be more than happy to continue assisting you with this.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ag53220

I have the sane issue. If reading the original posters problem correctly, they don't mean that single app don't work, they mean the Home/Apps list of all apps installed shows nothing but transparent blank squares. Sometimes they'll pop up and show the list of installed apps, but most the time it'll show nothing but blank squares. I noticed this happen on 2 of my roku devices, both are different devices. 1 a roku streaming sound bar, & the other a roku premiere 4k. It gets very annoying as you can't choose any of your apps cause a screen of transparent squares show where the apps are supposed to be, & even if trying to move to the right of the screen to see if you land on a square maybe the apps might pop up, well they dont, the button click to the right only takes you to the ad banner to the righy of where the apps should be. I really hope there's a fix for this because ive tried everything & the only thing that works is being lucky & having the app list pop up after having the tv turned on with the home screen sitting there blank for no set amount of time before the app list possibly pops up. And even then you still have to be lucky that when it pops up when you finally click to the righy to choose an app to use that the app screen don't disappear right away like it seems to do after it possibly finally pops back up.

0 Kudos
beemes

We have the same issue on one of our Roku devices.  All of the downloaded apps have disappeared from the home screen. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ag53220 @beemes,

We appreciate you for flagging this to us here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating from Settings > System > Power > System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mac1952
Reel Rookie

Has anyone found out how to fix this Restarting tv does not work

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mac1952,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out. Try connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and let us know if there are any differences.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mac1952
Reel Rookie

Reconnecting to Internet seemed to work Turning off definitely  does not

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mac1952,

Thanks for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

Can you try to manually check for updates by going to settings > system > system update > check now? Try to see if you can update to the latest software and see if there are any changes after.

Please let us know what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mac1952
Reel Rookie

Software up to date Doesn't  rectify fault As I said  reconnecting to wi fi may do it

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.