Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashes24
Channel Surfer

Black 99% screen multiple times per episode

Hello. I keep trying to watch shows on roku channel. While watching the screen will go black and say 99% while spinning but sound continues. It does this numerous times an episode and has been going on for over a week. Ive restarted device, and checked for updates. How do I fix this issue? Or who do I contact? Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Black 99% screen multiple times per episode

Hi @ashes24

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing so we can best assist you. Could you provide us a screenshot or image of the issue occurring? Does it only occur on a specific movie/show or all movies/shows on The Roku Channel? Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ashes24
Channel Surfer

I am waiting for it to do it again to get a picture. Also trying a different show. Ive only been watching cold case lately. It is a tcl roku tv. Plugged into the wall.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@ashes24,

Thanks for the response. 

We appreciate your cooperation. Keep us posted if the issue persists, and please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ashes24
Channel Surfer

So I gave it a few days and watched some other videos. Seems to only happen on the show Cold Case.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@ashes24 

Appreciate the update. 

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us if there's any difference after!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ashes24
Channel Surfer

I deleted the channel. Restarted the roku tv. Added channel back on and still blacks out with the rotating 99% circle. The audio still works but the picture doesnt load.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ashes24,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We sincerely appreciate your patience with the playback issue with the Cold Case episode on The Roku Channel. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Please cite specific episodes that you have tried to play Cold Case on The Roku Channel that are experiencing an issue so we can help investigate this further.
  2. Have they already tried to reboot their wireless network?

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you and fix the issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ashes24
Channel Surfer

Its been 90% of the episodes. Yes I have reset the router.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @ashes24 

Thanks for the follow up.

It looks like you've done extensive troubleshooting and I completely understand the frustration that you may be feeling. It's possible that there may be an issue that we may need to investigate further. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • what specific episode does this issue occur
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • photo of what is shown on screen when this issue happens

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos