Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richiesday
Binge Watcher

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Been following this thread for last 2 months when my model 3810RW 4k was purchased new off Amazon uk in May 22. It initially worked then bbc iPlayer went off with aforementioned code but then started working about a month later after an update was (obviously) supplied. My point is that there are so many models speculating about eu uk and states origins looking at my model it seems to date back to 2018 or 19 and possibly originates from states as this is where the YouTube reviews come from. So mine is old and the seller once you can fathom out this info on Amazon is California BUT it works fine on iPlayer and everything else. I didn’t realise I was buying an old model 4, 5 years old so it might pay to do more research on exactly what you are buying off Amazon as this info doesn’t exactly appear to be very transparent, a dig at Amazon who lately seem to have gone off the boil. I assumed I was buying a new Uk spec Roku stick but in fact turns out it is possibly US and quite old. However works fine and currently in Europe and works fine there too. 

0 Kudos
elyuw
Channel Surfer

@JbPGH wrote:

glcohen - From the various references to "country" in the few responses from Roku my guess would be is that the iPlayer app rejects a connection from a Roku device that is not listed as having been sold in the UK and that it is Roku that provides this list based on the serial number of the device.  There was a reference somewhere to Rokus that were "imported" and sold in the UK and it may be that these devices are on the naughty list.  If this is the case then the responsibility lies squarely with Roku. 

I have two Rokus that are the same model - one has an EU suffix the other is an X.  The EU one works fine - the X one still has the 02056 error.

It's not that because we have two Rokus (identical models, but bought a few months apart), both are EU models, one works fine the other gives us the 02056 error.

0 Kudos
Steamboats52
Channel Surfer

Solved! Today my Streaming Stick+ failed to connect to my router (code 014.50). After an unsuccessful factory reset I switched the router off and on again. That restored the connection and I completed the reset.

On reloading iPlayer I was surprised to find that it now works normally. Presumably some sort of update loaded overnight and disrupted the router connection in the process.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Steamboats - you must be pleased its all working again. Following your post I did try and kick my Stick +  type 3810EU into actoin , but still get the same error 02056.  I did all the restarts/check for updates/reinstall iplayer,  both the iplayer and stick have the same software versions as previously (i.e. no updates).

Steamboat did you notice if the roku or iplayer versions changed?

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi Elyew - My bad stick is an 3810EU so I'm not sure that the suffix signifies the 'import' models.

Interestingly if you browse through the Roku Developer pages on their main website, allthe models (current and supported have an X suffix.

I did notice that iPlayer on my Roku indicates the model as a Streamer 2017 Amarillo 4K but on the Roku Developers site the only Streaming Stick + is  an Amarillo 2019.

My stick was bought in the UK (from Currys), it was in a UK appropriate box (which features iplayer as one of the apps) and is only used in the UK, and my broadband provider is UK based. I have asked Roku if their Operating system can be removed and reinstall -- but had nothing back from them.  I am convinced that a number of sticks have a faulty Operating System that cause a problem with the June iPlayer update.

0 Kudos
elyuw
Channel Surfer

@ianc2020 That was sort of my point. We have 2 EU models, one works the other doesn't, so this issue isn't about whether a model is a "UK" or not. I suspect it's more that a batch of devices use slightly different components and this update hasn't been tested on enough Roku variants.
0 Kudos
Steamboats52
Channel Surfer

Ianc2020 the Roku version has stayed at 11.0.0, build 4193.50 on my 3810EU stick. iPlayer is ver 1.0 build 91000032 but I don't know if that is any different from before. I do have another Roku stick with iPlayer failure (currently mothballed having changed to a Firestick) and I may have a go at an update on that one.

0 Kudos
Daveren13
Binge Watcher

I chased for an update to the bbc Iplayer fault pages and received this on email (5th August):

‘Dear  Audience Member

Thanks for contacting us to report issues with BBC iPlayer on your Roku device.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in our reply.

We are aware of this issue and are still in conversation with Roku about this. Please be assured that Roku is working on a fix. We will update our FAQ with any news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/streaming-roku-issues

We are sorry this is taking time to resolve.

Thanks again for contacting us.’

0 Kudos
HectorG12
Binge Watcher

I received same email, also on 5th August.

"Please be assured that Roku is working on a fix" is good to know, assuming that's true, but some information re the nature of the problem would have been interesting and more encouraging.

0 Kudos
Vulcan195
Binge Watcher

Anyone with a 3941X having issues? What Roku firmware is your 3941X running?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.