Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lzzyjo
Reel Rookie

Apps stopping randomly and returning to roku home

I recently purchased a new roku ultra from day one the apps have randomly stopped and retuned to the roku main home page. I have checked all the settings be sure to turn off any power saving options on the roku as well as on n the settings of the apps. I have even tried  a factory reset and then checking the power saving options again to make sure they are all turned off but the apps are still stopping randomly for no reason. Yes I have checked my internet and it is working fine it is not turning off or restarting or anything like that. This is extremely annoying I am ready to return this dang thing and go back to the junk software that came in my tv

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps stopping randomly and returning to roku home

You may have just received a lemon.  The only thing I could suggest is to try a wired connection if possible.  If exchanging it is easy, you might want to go that route.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CommunityLeader
Binge Watcher

Some apps, like all programs, are more buggy than others. ESPN+ for me tends to restart/reboot the Roku from time to time - it's just a glitchy app. If it's happening constantly then maybe there is more going on.

0 Kudos
Lzzyjo
Reel Rookie

It’s not a glitchy app it’s ALL apps

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I too would try wired to see if it’s a “wi-Fi issue”.  Make sure to keep track of your store’s exchange/return period so you can get it back within that time.  It sounds like you’re probably at no more than day 2 or 3, so probably fine.  I would exchange it and see if has the same problem.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Not on hear for rating..

ROKU fix your Problem.. forget your community fixers with Respect to all the Community..

ROKU stand up to the plate  own your problem. Stop pushing it back to we the Community..

ROKU it is your TELEVISIONS  It Is Your Problem.. Fix it... I have done .

I have Rebooted modem many times.

I have deleted Re downloaded Problem channels , Many times. I HAVE DONE MY PART..

NOT ON THE COMMUNITY TO EARN RATINGS.. I pay $ 750 for  ROKU television,  I pay 445.00 dollars for a 2nd ROKU tv.. 

I work 50 hours a week plus.. I exspect YOUR TELEVISION TO WORK.. I HAVE SPENT HOURS trying to find a solution.. o lt to get NO HELP FROM YOU...

COMMUNITY LET'S START A DEMAND LETTER.. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF US WITH THE PROBLEM 

ROKU STAND UP TO THE PLATE NOW!!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your reports about this playback issue you're experiencing.

Try accessing it with the use of a mobile hotspot to see if there are any differences.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Have completed everything at least 10 time latterly. Completely restart to FACTORY. With respect 

Does not help .. ROKU fix YOUR PROBLEM 

Or everyone there is thousands of us having same problem 

We can unite 

Fixtv
Streaming Star

Done that 

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

You guys don't really care