Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLP100
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

Apple Support is repeatedly telling customers this is a Roku issue and not an Apple issue. Please reach out to your contacts within Apple and include the 20+ support posts then maybe they will better understand how this is on them to fix.

ValHi
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

I contacted Apple first. They escalated me to a tier 2 agent, then told me to contact Roku. 

billman71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That makes no sense since Apple TV + works fine on my 5 other Roku devices.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
terdan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here is what I am seeing on the About screen:

Version  13.0.0.14R55:13.0.0 (roku4-14R55):apple

Media Engine  2.220.4:0.1.26-

Model  Roku 3820X

Firmware Version  11.5.0-4235

OS Information Roku OS 11.5.0

Region  United States

Network Type  Wi-Fi

The problem happens on the Apple TV channel. Version 13.0 - build 55

Tracker issue ID 7X-477-816

The steps I use to reproduce the issue is trying to login to the channel using the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @terdan,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Already provided all the info you just asked to customer support at least a week ago. 

Spartan2381
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Opened a support ticket with Apple today and was working with a support engineer from the meda services group. It appears this issue is known to apple since the support tech I worked with has seen this before. Basically she had me enable Secret Screen 2 on the Roku (5 x Home, up, right down, left up)  "Log Info" "Start Verbose Logging" start the Apple TV app and try to login. Go back to the home screen and give the "tracker id" to support (5 x home, 5 x back). Apple support is calling me back tomorrow to continue troubleshooting. Will keep you guys posted.

ryanjay2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model - 3820X - Streaming Stick 4K

Serial Number: X017003YMJK6

Software Version: 11.5.0 - build 4235-CU

Device ID: S08Y428YMJK6

Issue occurs with Apple TV channel (version 13.0 - build 55)

Issue ID: K6-478-247

When attempting to log in to the Apple TV app, you do not get an option to log in via mobile - only to log in via remote. When you input your username and PW, you get the following message: "Verification Failed. There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment, then try again."

0 Kudos
stevet444
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue.  3820X.   11.5.0 build 4235-CU.   Serial # X01700SVJWC8 (S08Y427VJWC8).   Apple TV App version 13.0 Build 55

0 Kudos