Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanjay2004
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue - no option to sign in via QR code or via mobile.

jmoeller100
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution

I'm afraid I have it too. Have tried everything I could find. Reset Roku, de/reinstall TV+, change display settings ad nauseum. I am also NOT getting the option to login with a mobile device like with my TCL (roku) TV. TV+ Version is 13.0, build 55. Roku has been updated to the most current version. Opened a ticket with Roku with a detailed description of the problem and what I had tried, but all I got was a generic response that said:

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. We understand that you are facing an issue while accessing Apple TV+ app on your Roku device.  You can enjoy Apple TV+ using the Apple TV app on your Roku device. Please download the Apple TV app on your Roku device. Once the channel is added, please launch the channel and scroll down on the page using the down arrow button on the directional keypad until you see the Apple TV+ icon.

Doesn't make me feel real good about their concern about this problem since they don't appear to have even read my complaint.

ryanjay2004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@jmoeller100 - I've also created a ticket with Roku on this but haven't received a reply yet. I'll let you know when/if I get a response.

@RokuMary-F - since you have been on this thread recently, I'm wondering if you're able to help provide some additional support to help us get a resolution.

0 Kudos
Spartan2381
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with the 3820X. My guess is that Apple hasn’t updated the up to allow this model which is very frustrating since it’s listed on the compatibility list. Roku and Apple need to resolve this ASAP. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's nothing Roku can do to address this, as they don't create the channels for 3rd party providers. In this case, Apple has sole responsibility to make the channel work correctly. Remember that Apple sells a competing product, so they don't have a strong reason to make it work well on someone else's platform. Only user complaints directly to Apple would hold any weight in their decisions. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jmoeller100
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Isn't it interesting that my problem is also with a 3820x (although it actually says 3820r on the box, system info indicates its a 3820X). Maybe you've got something thinking its device dependent. Anyone with a recent problem with something that is NOT a 3820?

0 Kudos
Spartan2381
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

According to Apple's site the 3820X is supported but maybe something has not been updated in the app. When launching the Apple TV app I;m not presented with the option to login in via phone and only via typing in username and passord on screen. When launching the app on a Firestick, Google TV, or really any other device besides Roku it works. To me that saus something is broken in the Apple TV app.

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/ 

0 Kudos
SpiderJerusalem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After trying all the suggestions, putting the Roku into Guest mode and signing in under that mode is what worked for me. Obviously this doesn’t work for everyone. Wish they’d fix this, crazy it’s been going on this long. 

Spartan2381
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did try guest mode a few times with no luck. Still getting the verification failed unfortunately. I’m goi g to open a case with Apple, let’s see what they say. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Apple TV: No option to sign in on mobile device; verification fails when signing in on remote

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If the issue persists after removing then reinstalling the channel, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: Apple TV - Official Apple Support

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos