Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCL1
Binge Watcher

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

It is on ROKU Live Streaming on the ROKU Channel.  Here is a link to the commercial loop:

https://youtu.be/SuMHkHQeDvA

The first couple of seconds were not captured well, but hopefully this will clear things up for you and your staff, as you all seem to be in the dark about it.

KimW6
Streaming Star

This loop should be played continuously at ROKU headquarters for staff until they fix the problem and stop torturing the customers.

TCL1
Binge Watcher

Apparently the ROKU techs on this board don't watch ROKU Live Streaming. They seem to be clueless as to how to even get to ROKU LIve Streaming on the ROKU Channel app.

Texconsin
Streaming Star

Please allow me to repeat this, in case the morons at Roku missed your post:

This loop should be played continuously at ROKU headquarters for staff until they fix the problem and stop torturing the customers.

StevieWonder
Channel Surfer

I see this commercial loop on channel 194 Real America's Voice. It  happens at every commercial break, usually at 15 minute intervals. It happens on every program 24 hours a day.

StevieWonder
Channel Surfer

I also tried System Restart without success. Would resetting to factory default settings help?

Texconsin
Streaming Star

Watch it on Pluto TV.  A lot of the commercial breaks, especially during the day, are mostly interesting instrumental interludes.  I particularly like the one that sounds like a country-western striptease and there's a wild one in which one of the guys yells, "here we go," a couple of times.

deepseer
Binge Watcher

QL what Roku device were you watching on

A: Any of them

Q: what channel were you trying to watch

A: All of them

deepseer
Binge Watcher

It's an advertising issue that starts and begins at the very top echelons of ROKU Corp. As a "moderator" there is very little you can personally do to rectify this issue, as I've personally spoken to people in the Ad. Dept. at ROKU. They don't seem to care. Their Ad Dept. could put on Public Service announcements in place of this continuing ad, but no, they won't. I haven't tuned into any ROKU programs for many months now, for the simple fact this add plays continuously on EVERY ROKU CHANNEL. The only reason I have ROKU is for the hardware device, definitely not for any of the programming they offer.

deepseer
Binge Watcher

You obviously didn't read the comments on this thread. It is THEIR OWN COMMERCIAL we are all complaining about. It is NOT the commercial of another product or service.