Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabana
Channel Surfer

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

I know what you mean, it really is enough to make a person go nuts. Very annoying to see and hear this ad over and over. I'm sick of seeing the same people in it  Never in my life have I seen a movie like the Weird Al promoted so much after it's premier. Hopefully something will be done soon. I'm trying to not watch Roku channels as much now.

KimW6
Streaming Star

What a BS answer.   You're saying Roku has no control over its own Roku ads?? Maybe you should hire some competent system engineers.

Texconsin
Streaming Star

What if we all promised, pretty please, to watch the Weird Al movie (or start it before we leave home for a 2-hour walk or shopping trip)?  Would you THEN quit begging us to see it???

ghardy

I am having problems with commercial loops freezing on the CBC Gem app. In particular I noticed it on two programs Luther and Faits Divers. The last time was on Faits Divers and around 50 minutes it want into a commercial loop the one with the guy who puts on a horse head mask and walks by a coffee shop. I decided to be patient and see if it would just play out but it is continual with no options to get past the commercials. There is an obvious problem with this CBC Gem app. If you could forward this on to CBC that would be great. Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gabana
Channel Surfer

Hope you get help with that soon. Have you tried going to Settings, system, system restart, restart. It has worked for me a few times. Good luck!

0 Kudos
KimW6
Streaming Star

Have tried that...no success.  Finally fixed it by deleting the ROKU channel app.  Don't watch it anymore, and don't miss it.  No more annoying **bleep** ROKU commercials.  If every starts giving the app "HATE IT" feedback and deleting it, maybe the clowns at ROKU will finally take the hint and fix the problem. 

TLeigh

Still happening in September.  That movie has even been out close to 2 years. They need to let it go or fill it with ANYTHING else

Gabana
Channel Surfer

Yes, I completely agree with you and wish they would realize that they turn people off from watching the Roku channels.  I try to watch Pluto or some other channel because those ads are so repetitive and annoying. Take care.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community Users!

We sincerely regret any difficulties this may have caused you. Rest assured that we would be more than willing to take a closer look at this, as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for.

Would you mind letting us know on what app/channel you were trying to stream and what commercial you are referring to? In addition, kindly let us know what time these loop commercials prompted on your screen. Once we have a more precise grasp of the situation, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps.

Additionally, please be reminded, to those users who already gave us the needed information, your post was already acknowledged and forwarded to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
KimW6
Streaming Star

This occurs when watching channels on the ROKU Live TV feature of the ROKU app.  1 to 2 minutes of the same commercials looping over and over and over and over.  I solved the problem by deleting the ROKU app.  Won't install or use it until you fix this!!!